Octane for Unity - All Access Licensing Confusion

Forums: Octane for Unity - All Access Licensing Confusion
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Octane for Unity - All Access Licensing Confusion

Postby JabbaTheNut » Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:48 pm

JabbaTheNut Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:48 pm
Hi,

I am considering purchasing Octane Render in an All-Access bundle. However, I do not understand the licensing as it relates to Unity. On the otoy.com site, I see that I can purchase the “OctaneRender 4™ Enterprise DCC / All-Access Bundle” for Maya which includes OctaneRender 4™ Enterprise for Autodesk® Maya® + Standalone + 12 months All-Access at a price of $699. The description of the All-Access portion of the bundle says the following:

“Provides 'all you can eat' access to complete set of OctaneRender Studio DCC plugins (coming Q1 2019) - including Adobe After Effects, Nuke, Unity, Blender, Sketchup and soon, Unreal Engine”

I gather from this description that I get to download and use the Octane Render for Unity plugin. However, I am confused. On Unity’s website, they show Octane for Unity in three flavors, 1 GPU limit (Free), 2 GPU limit ($20/month) and 20 GPU limit ($60/month). Which of these comes with the All-Access Bundle? Also, is there an added cost above the $699 to use the Unity plugin (besides the Unity Plus/Pro subscription cost for Unity)?
JabbaTheNut

Re: Octane for Unity - All Access Licensing Confusion

Postby JabbaTheNut » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:34 pm

JabbaTheNut Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:34 pm
I ask a different way...

I want to use Octane for Unity.

If I purchase an OctaneRender 4™ Enterprise DCC / All-Access Bundle license from OTOY, do I also need to purchase an Octane for Unity plugin from Unity?
JabbaTheNut

Postby JabbaTheNut » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:34 pm

JabbaTheNut Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:34 pm
Wow! Nobody willing to help?
JabbaTheNut

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:32 am

ChrisHekman Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:32 am
Sorry, Yes you should be able to log in using a All Access license.

In order to log in with an Otoy account in the unity plugin you will need do the following:
- Download OctaneUnity installer from the unity asset store
- Go to Octane in the top menu bar and select settings
- In the new window that popped up, select the account drop down menu and select Octane.
- Next to account there is another dropdown menu, there select Studio or enterprise.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Octane for Unity