Cloth component / Mega-Fiers hose

Forums: Cloth component / Mega-Fiers hose
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Cloth component / Mega-Fiers hose

Postby teal99 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm

teal99 Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:10 pm
Just started using the amazing OctaneRender. I have Unity's cloth component and Mega-Fiers hose scripts in my timeline animation. Octane ignores both. Why? How do I fix this?
teal99

Re: Cloth component / Mega-Fiers hose

Postby teal99 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:50 pm

teal99 Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:50 pm
Sadly the current version of OctaneRender will not work with Mega-Fiers asset or Unity’s cloth component. Below is the response I received from otoy support team.

The issue with Mega-Fiers is the lack of interoperability between their extension and ours. The way that Octane works, deformations made to the in-engine Unity UVs do not seem to translate directly to the UV data that is respected by the Octane pipeline. Unfortunately, we can only guarantee to strive for maximal compatibility with native Unity components and features where possible - developing our extension in a manner that is predictive of how other extensions function is a lot more challenging. I can raise this point with the dev team, but I am unsure as to the feasibility of this. Apologies for the inconvenience on this matter.
Regarding the Unity Cloth component - I have tested this, and it appears it is indeed not working as expected with OctaneRender. I will report this to the developers.
Apologies again for the inconvenience. We will hopefully have Unity Cloth Components running as soon as possible.
teal99

Return to Octane for Unity