Octane refuses to load

Forums: Octane refuses to load
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Octane refuses to load

Postby EFS » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:36 pm

EFS Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:36 pm
Out of nowhere, Octane stopped loading. Clicking on the "Load Octane" button does not do anything ... even in a brand new project. This is across the board for all projects, regardless of uninstalling/installing. I notice it says Tier: 0 in the grayed out options, but maybe it always did until it loaded?

This was out of nowhere. I was using Octane all day today, as well as the past couple of weeks. I am able to click on the "Version Control" button and switch to Tier 2, but seeing as I don't have a license for this (my other currently outstanding questions), this doesn't do me much good.

Any idea what happened?
EFS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Octane refuses to load

Postby EFS » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:55 pm

EFS Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:55 pm
Ah. My subscription was just pulled. I'm assuming it was purely coincidental that it happened right after I asked to purchase a higher tier and this isn't a funny joke by one of you guys :). It would be nice if clicking on Load gave an error message if that's the issue instead of failing silently.

Really though, we would like to use this -- as is -- just to render out some characters speaking using Timeline plugins I wrote for a prototype of a project we are working on. It does exactly what we need right now ... I only need an actual subscription so (a) I can render again and (b) I can hopefully use multiple GPUs. I get that this is not official yet, but given that we do own stand alone products from you guys already nor do I have any issue paying for a subscription (and you do offer to switch to Tier 2 in the Version Control button, some how) ... any chance we can get this going so the production process I just put together doesn't get destroyed? :)
EFS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Xhed » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:41 pm

Xhed Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:41 pm
I will add a proper error message to the project when license authentication fails. You should be able to continue your project using T1 until you have a new subscription.
- Rick
Xhed
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby EFS » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:24 pm

EFS Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:24 pm
Xhed wrote:I will add a proper error message to the project when license authentication fails. You should be able to continue your project using T1 until you have a new subscription.

I just tried in a new project. Tier 1 is selected, and clicking the Load button does nothing. Switching to Tier 2 loads properly by clicking the same button.
EFS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ChrisHekman » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:57 am

ChrisHekman Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:57 am
You should be able to use T1 without needing an OctaneVR license as it links your unity account to free Octane license.
Maybe you can try to use another unity account and check if that works?

What version of OctaneUnity are you on?
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby EFS » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:02 pm

EFS Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:02 pm
ChrisHekman wrote:You should be able to use T1 without needing an OctaneVR license as it links your unity account to free Octane license.
Maybe you can try to use another unity account and check if that works?

What version of OctaneUnity are you on?

Interesting. Somehow I was logged out of Unity without realizing. When I logged back in, the load button worked properly for T1. A simple error message saying "You are not logged in." would be good enough for this. I am assuming that Tier 2 checks my Octane credentials (since T2 worked without being logged in apparently) and T1 uses my Unity login. Just flag these things so the user knows exactly what to do if something doesn't work ... thanks for the clarification.
EFS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Xhed » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:06 pm

Xhed Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:06 pm
A message has been added the internal build that's currently being tested.
- Rick
Xhed
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby EFS » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:15 pm

EFS Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:15 pm
Xhed wrote:A message has been added the internal build that's currently being tested.

Thanks! Once again, sorry for the many posts recently. I mean well here :).
EFS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Octane for Unity