Subscriptions?

Forums: Subscriptions?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Subscriptions?

Postby EFS » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:14 pm

EFS Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:14 pm
Can we get an ETA on when we can pay for a subscription? We're potentially using this to do animated renders using Unity and considering we already own the standalone and the 3ds max plugin, it seems pretty silly that we're forced to only use a single gpu for this right now. It would be great if either (a) we were granted full gpu use until the subscriptions are available, or (b) we were allowed to purchase one at this point. I believe I saw that some people had access to this already ... but I could be wrong?

Thanks. Definitely loving the ease of Unity Timeline + Octane right now.
EFS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Subscriptions?

Postby mojave » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:04 pm

mojave Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:04 pm
We're currently expecting Unity to allow subscriptions of the Octane plugin via their asset store by Unite 2017, which is happening the first week of October:

https://unite.unity.com/2017/austin

We will announce it here anyway, in the meantime all users with any Octane monthly subscription are able to get early access not just the free version as everyone with a Unity ID but to the higher available tier.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Subscriptions?

Postby EFS » Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:25 pm

EFS Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:25 pm
mojave wrote:We're currently expecting Unity to allow subscriptions of the Octane plugin via their asset store by Unite 2017, which is happening the first week of October:

https://unite.unity.com/2017/austin

We will announce it here anyway, in the meantime all users with any Octane monthly subscription are able to get early access not just the free version as everyone with a Unity ID but to the higher available tier.

I picked up ORC, which allowed me to use Tier 2. Thank you.

However, I also have the issue in my other thread about how my Tier 1 (which is supposed to be free for everyone) stopped working, and I assume it is because the 1 month test subscription I was given ran out. I would appreciate it if that is also fixed, so if/when we decide we don't need Tier 2 we can still use Octane in Unity.

All the same, thanks! Glad to be getting back to this now.
EFS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Octane for Unity