[bug] texture tiling & offset

Forums: [bug] texture tiling & offset
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

[bug] texture tiling & offset

Postby Pixelstudio » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:19 pm

Pixelstudio Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:19 pm
It seems the Tiling & Offset settings from unity materials are not used by octane..
Pixelstudio
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: [bug] texture tiling & offset

Postby Xhed » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:12 pm

Xhed Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:12 pm
Thanks for the bug report. This should be fixed by the next release.
- Rick
Xhed
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby ThomasPasieka » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:01 pm

ThomasPasieka Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:01 pm
I was going to post the same exact bug/issue. What kind of timeframe are we looking at for next release?

Thomas
ThomasPasieka

Postby EFS » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:29 pm

EFS Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:29 pm
Would be great to have some form of roadmap at some point with general ETAs. Whenever we hit the point where things are stable enough at least. I was also going to post this, but you guys beat me to it :).
EFS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby adamnerva » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:53 am

adamnerva Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:53 am
EFS wrote:Would be great to have some form of roadmap at some point with general ETAs. Whenever we hit the point where things are stable enough at least. I was also going to post this, but you guys beat me to it :).

This is otoy. Best not to ask them for release windows or road maps, and make use of what you can get your hands on now.
adamnerva
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby EFS » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:15 pm

EFS Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:15 pm
adamnerva wrote:
EFS wrote:Would be great to have some form of roadmap at some point with general ETAs. Whenever we hit the point where things are stable enough at least. I was also going to post this, but you guys beat me to it :).

This is otoy. Best not to ask them for release windows or road maps, and make use of what you can get your hands on now.

Hehe, that's fine. If this really gets implemented smoothly into Unity, then I have no complaints. The ability to use Octane + all the unity tooling I own / create sounds amazing.
EFS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby adamnerva » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:50 pm

adamnerva Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:50 pm
EFS wrote:
adamnerva wrote:

Hehe, that's fine. If this really gets implemented smoothly into Unity, then I have no complaints. The ability to use Octane + all the unity tooling I own / create sounds amazing.

I own Octane for blender, and Octane for Modo, so I know that the Unity plugin could either be great, or could really suck. It's a coin toss when it comes to Octane plugins. Many are terrible, but there are a few superstars like Paul and Juan. I don't know what to expect at this stage, so I don't have any expectations. And they never make their ship dates, so I take every announcement and promise with a huge grain of salt. Do that, and you won't set yourself up for disappointment. When they say "we are fixing or adding ______" just ignore it until you see it actually materialize in the release notes. The blender plugin hasn't been updated since like Feb, and the dev went MIA. They try and tackle too much and are spread too thin, so they might get pulled away from this project onto the new shiny at any moment.
adamnerva
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Octane for Unity