Licenses In Use

Forums: Licenses In Use
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Licenses In Use

Postby matthewcastiglia » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:39 pm

matthewcastiglia Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:39 pm
I left my Octane VR account logged onto my other computer while using octane so I went onto my subscription page to unlock my license. The Standalone Octane VR works, however the Unity license is still locked. Do you have to Unload Octane in unity on the other computer every time?
Win 10 64 | Geforce GTX 970 SLI | i7-5930K | 32GB
http://matthewcastiglia.com
matthewcastiglia
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Licenses In Use

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:40 pm

bepeg4d Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:40 pm
Hi matthewcastiglia,
if you have leaved UnityOctane opened in another machine, since the Unity license is not currently listed in the OctaneLive page, there is no way to deactivate the license via web right now, I guess.
Always better to connect via teamviewer and manually deactivate the active licenses, plus, the web counter will not be reduced.
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby matthewcastiglia » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:37 pm

matthewcastiglia Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:37 pm
bepeg4d wrote:Hi matthewcastiglia,
if you have leaved UnityOctane opened in another machine, since the Unity license is not currently listed in the OctaneLive page, there is no way to deactivate the license via web right now, I guess.
Always better to connect via teamviewer and manually deactivate the active licenses, plus, the web counter will not be reduced.
ciao beppe

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. I shut my computer down though so unity is not open. I will just unload Octane from Unity every time.
matthewcastiglia
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:28 am

bepeg4d Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:28 am
Hi matthewcastiglia,
the Unity subscription should be correctly listed in your personal Subscription OctaneLive page now:
https://render.otoy.com/account/subscriptions.php
Anyway, in general, it is always better to prefer the manual deactivation instead of the web Unlock button, if possible.
The web counter will not be reduced, and you can Sign-off from OctaneVR Standalone File/Account panel. In this way, all the active licenses on the machine will be deactivated.
The manual deactivation can be performed remotely via Teamviewer or any other similar software.
The web deactivation should be used only if the active machine cannot be reached, eg because of a crash.
Happy GPU Rerndering,
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby Xhed » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:30 am

Xhed Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:30 am
matthewcastiglia wrote:I left my Octane VR account logged onto my other computer while using octane so I went onto my subscription page to unlock my license. The Standalone Octane VR works, however the Unity license is still locked. Do you have to Unload Octane in unity on the other computer every time?

Unfortunately, this is a result of the way shutdown is handles between Octane and Unity. We're working on a fix to resolve this issue.
- Rick
Xhed
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby matthewcastiglia » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:53 pm

matthewcastiglia Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:53 pm
Xhed wrote:Unfortunately, this is a result of the way shutdown is handles between Octane and Unity. We're working on a fix to resolve this issue.

No problem! Thank you for your response.

**Edit**
I now see a Unity Pro unlock in with Octane VR on the subscription page.
matthewcastiglia
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby nights » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:35 pm

nights Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:35 pm
I have this issue, too. Using two computers and Unity is exited on the other computer yet i get this problem. What to do?
nights

Postby Xhed » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:07 pm

Xhed Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:07 pm
I've asked our dev that has the most experience with license management to help me find a solution to this problem.
- Rick
Xhed
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby nights » Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:43 am

nights Thu Oct 26, 2017 12:43 am
Xhed wrote:I've asked our dev that has the most experience with license management to help me find a solution to this problem.

Thanks! Please note that i dont have Unity Pro and my subscription page is empty.
I have access to the other computer through Virtual desktop / teamviewer but even with Unity close this issue persist.
nights

Postby ChrisHekman » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:16 am

ChrisHekman Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:16 am
nights wrote:
Xhed wrote:I've asked our dev that has the most experience with license management to help me find a solution to this problem.

Thanks! Please note that i dont have Unity Pro and my subscription page is empty.
I have access to the other computer through Virtual desktop / teamviewer but even with Unity close this issue persist.

Maybe the shutdown is not properly releasing your license. On the PC with your license you could try to open your octane unity project - press load octane - then unload octane in the settings page, then exit unity normally.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Next

Return to Octane for Unity