Calling "Render" from Editor script

Forums: Calling "Render" from Editor script
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Re: Calling "Render" from Editor script

Postby ChrisHekman » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:39 am

ChrisHekman Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:39 am
The script that jalley posted should work. It just misses the following function:

Code: Select all
OctaneUnity.Scene.Instance.UpdateScene()

This has recently been exposed and should update any changes made to the unity scene.

If you want to automatically start rendering from C# you can do the following:
Code: Select all
OctaneUnity.Scene.Instance.RenderTarget = m_MyRenderTargetComponent.RenderTarget;

*If you want to drive everything from code, you will need to update the scene after setting the rendertarget
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Calling "Render" from Editor script

Postby jalley » Thu May 05, 2022 8:35 am

jalley Thu May 05, 2022 8:35 am
Dear Octane Team,

I am now a licensed customer, unfortunately I can not post a new topic in any forum, so I am using the most related open question I did in the past.

Let me briefly summarize the problem we are facing. We use the Octane Studio edition. The thing is when rendering in batch using a script, Octane complains with the following message:
"Received result with higher change level than our current render change level. This should never happen unless someone else fiddled around with the render target."

But we are rendering always with render targets that have the same rendering configuration, including the amount of samples per pixel. From time to time we change the HDR image used to illuminate, but everything else is the same.
So, could you let us know how we could prevent those errors and messages to block our script. Basically we load a scene contianing several .orbx files, render it and then load another scene, etc.
Sometimes in the past it worked for several scenes consecutively, but recently only one scene per script call is rendered.

Thank you.

PS. How can I post a new message in the customers forums? Thank you.
jalley
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to Octane for Unity