I am trying to automate the system of rendering.

Forums: I am trying to automate the system of rendering.
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

I am trying to automate the system of rendering.

Postby wyh880123 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:49 am

wyh880123 Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:49 am
I'd like to render set of images, using following procedure:
1)Set current properties(For example, Rendered image size.Render Camera,Thin lens camera or panoramic camera...)
2) Call "Render" method for the current camera view.
3) Check that rendering is complete and Save the image.
4) Repeat points 1-3 till all images / choices rendered and exported.
All the above steps need to be achieved through code
Now, the second step has been achieved.
OctaneUnity.Scene.Instance.RenderTarget = pBRRender.RenderTarget;
How do I correctly detect when rendering is complete and save to local disk?
I have read some replies from the forum, but it is a long time ago. May I ask what is the latest correct way
wyh880123

Re: I am trying to automate the system of rendering.

Postby ChrisHekman » Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:11 pm

ChrisHekman Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:11 pm
Octane for Unity was not intended to do automated rendering, so the setup will be a bit awkward.

1. Can be done by accessing the Render Target Component, and getting the rendertarget node and then getting the camera node and changing the settings of the camera.
3. Can be done by accessing the static class Octane.Renderer. It has functions that return the SampleCount and DenoisedSampleCount
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby wyh880123 » Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:38 am

wyh880123 Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:38 am
ChrisHekman wrote:Octane for Unity was not intended to do automated rendering, so the setup will be a bit awkward.

1. Can be done by accessing the Render Target Component, and getting the rendertarget node and then getting the camera node and changing the settings of the camera.
3. Can be done by accessing the static class Octane.Renderer. It has functions that return the SampleCount and DenoisedSampleCount

Thanks to ChrisHekman, I can judge that the rendering is finished according to your suggestion, but now I have a new problem, I don't know if it is my Settings. Now after I finish rendering one picture, the second one cannot be completed, and it stays at about 15%.,
wyh880123

Postby ChrisHekman » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:37 am

ChrisHekman Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:37 am
wyh880123 wrote:
ChrisHekman wrote:Octane for Unity was not intended to do automated rendering, so the setup will be a bit awkward.

Thanks to ChrisHekman, I can judge that the rendering is finished according to your suggestion, but now I have a new problem, I don't know if it is my Settings. Now after I finish rendering one picture, the second one cannot be completed, and it stays at about 15%.,

Octane for Unity needs to be updated every tick for proper functioning.
Is your script using a for loop for checking if Octane is done rendering? If yes, you can try without the for loop and just check once ever update tick.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby wyh880123 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:01 am

wyh880123 Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:01 am
ChrisHekman wrote:
wyh880123 wrote:

Is your script using a for loop for checking if Octane is done rendering? If yes, you can try without the for loop and just check once ever update tick.

Thanks!The problem is solved.
wyh880123

Postby wyh880123 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:06 am

wyh880123 Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:06 am
ChrisHekman wrote:
wyh880123 wrote:

I tried to modify the sky box programmatically, but failed to modify it using the following code:
pBRRender.RenderTarget.SkyboxTexture = skyTexture; is failure
pBRRender.RenderTarget.EnvironmentSkybox = skyMaterial; is OK
wyh880123

Postby wyh880123 » Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:15 pm

wyh880123 Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:15 pm
ChrisHekman wrote:Why can't I select Use for denoising in Settings?
wyh880123

Return to Octane for Unity