problem with installing Octane under Unity

Forums: problem with installing Octane under Unity
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

problem with installing Octane under Unity

Postby Mabow » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:53 pm

Mabow Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:53 pm
Hello,

I get the installer scene from Unity, clikc Load Octane in the PBR Settings window and get those two errors:

Failed to locate cudnn64_7.dll
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
Octane.DynamicLibrary:CheckPath()
Octane.DynamicLibrary:Load()
Octane.PluginDllLoader:LoadLibraries()
OctaneUnity.PluginController:Init()
OctaneUnity.PreferenceWindow:OnGUI()
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\jezrd\AppData\Local\Octane\Unity\2018.2.12f1_1.1.1.1341_T1\libfbxsdk.dll
System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/FileStream.cs:320)
System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
(wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream:.ctor (string,System.IO.FileMode,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int)
System.IO.File.Create (System.String path, Int32 bufferSize) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:135)
System.IO.File.Create (System.String path) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:130)
System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes (System.String path, System.Byte[] bytes) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/File.cs:594)
OTOY.OctaneUnityPackage.Unpack (System.String inputFile, System.String outputDirectory)
OctaneUnity.Upgrader.DownloadCompleted (System.String file, Boolean success)
OctaneUnity.ServerClient.DownloadUpdate ()
OctaneUnity.ServerClient.Update ()
UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:191)

I'm running Unity 2018.2.12f1, Octane version is 1.1.1.1341 Windows 10, with CUDA 10/ cuDNN

My guess is that it can't find the cuDNN, because I have CUDA 10 installed and the path is c:\Program Files\NVIDIA GPU Computing Toolkit\CUDA\v10.0\bin\ not *\v9.0\bin
But ... before I start messing with installing earlier CUDA versions, what's the confirmed, working combination of Unity, Octane and CUDA/cuDNN ? The CUDA_PATH in the System Variable already points to the right folder, so maybe there's some other issue?
Mabow

Re: problem with installing Octane under Unity

Postby Mabow » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:30 am

Mabow Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:30 am
When I run Unity as admin this window poped-up

So one step forward, but I'm now stuck here:
ORC user subscription status could not be retrieved: The server returned a client-side error with HTTP code: 401
ORC subscription status cannot be found
Mabow

Postby Xhed » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:16 am

Xhed Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:16 am
Mabow wrote:When I run Unity as admin this window poped-up

So one step forward, but I'm now stuck here:
ORC user subscription status could not be retrieved: The server returned a client-side error with HTTP code: 401
ORC subscription status cannot be found

I've contacted our license team to help out with the issue.
- Rick
Xhed
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Xhed » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:56 am

Xhed Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:56 am
Could you try logging into ORC via the web interface, and accept the terms there? That should resolve the issue.

Did you see any other messages in the Unity console before encountering the ORC 401 error?
- Rick
Xhed
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby csandeman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:49 pm

csandeman Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:49 pm
Xhed wrote:Could you try logging into ORC via the web interface, and accept the terms there? That should resolve the issue.

Did you see any other messages in the Unity console before encountering the ORC 401 error?

I received the same error messages as the previous poster. I followed your direction of logging into ORC via the web interface and it says my subscription is missing Image

But when I log in, ORC is inactive (which i don't remember was necessary to use the Octane Unity Plug in?) yet my OctaneRender subscriptions are available Image

When I launch Unity and Load Octane Using my OTOY account i receive this message Image

And when I swap my login account to my Unity Account I receive this error in the console Image
csandeman

Postby csandeman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:56 pm

csandeman Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:56 pm
Xhed wrote:Could you try logging into ORC via the web interface, and accept the terms there? That should resolve the issue.

I followed the steps of logging into ORC via the web interface and it says my subscription is missing (which i didn't know was necessary to use the Unity Plugin):

When I log in to my account it says my subscriptions for OctaneRender are available:

When I launch Unity - and use my Otoy Account to load Octane I receive this message:

When I swap to my Unity Account I receive this error in the console:

Any ideas?
csandeman

Postby Xhed » Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:36 am

Xhed Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:36 am
It looks like you are trying to use an Octane Studio license from within Unity, while you have an Octane Prime subscription.
license.png
- Rick
Xhed
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby csandeman » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:09 pm

csandeman Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:09 pm
Xhed wrote:It looks like you are trying to use an Octane Studio license from within Unity, while you have an Octane Prime subscription.
license.png

Thank you good sir!
csandeman

Return to Octane for Unity