Use forums or support tickets?

Forums: Use forums or support tickets?
A public forum for discussing and asking questions about the Octane for Unity Alpha

Moderator: ChrisHekman

Use forums or support tickets?

Postby EFS » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:23 pm

EFS Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:23 pm
How often is this forum checked? Do you guys want us to post questions related to --(a) if a feature exists, (b) if so, how to do it, (c) if not, will it ever-- on the forums, or just use a support ticket? I appreciate that you guys are very busy, but it seems like some threads are just not answered even when others do get a post, causing me to wonder if not all threads are read, or if they just aren't responded to if its not read by the correct person.

Not trying to be a pain, but we are really using this right now (and paying for it) and I'm getting the sense the forums aren't a good place for a quick turn-around (or any guaranteed answer?). My previous question about batching timelines has gone without a response for two weeks now, so it would be great to know if I should just use support tickets for that type of thing from now on. If so, no problem and sorry for the mistake! Just figured that was something other people would be interested in knowing as well.
EFS
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Use forums or support tickets?

Postby Podden » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 pm

Podden Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:35 pm
That's what I'm wondering as well. For small problems like "The Editor.dll of the Octane plugin is activated for all platforms per default so it's getting in the way of building" a whole forum post seems like too much :)
Podden
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby glimpse » Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:28 pm

glimpse Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:28 pm
hi Guys,

Quick reply on this.

if You have any issue, the fastest way would be to register support ticket. Then it goes directly to those who would handle specific topic.

Regarding to feature (it it exist or not & how to use it) the best would be just follow release notes. If You're rather new, asking community would make sense. If forum seems to be too slow for that, please feel free to join facebook group where as users we try to help each other + OTOY is posting more news there & interacting with community on a regular basis.

Regarding to forum, we do agree that it's kind of slow in reply, but it's difficult pick all the questions that sometimes are scattered in non related threads. One thing that would help is if users would try to use search function - most of answers could be found in a matter of minutes & nor user would have to wait nor we would have to read threads like this.

Sorry to hear Your experience that is far from perfect. We'll try to make sure You would get more timely answers.

Sinc.
tom
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby ChrisHekman » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 am

ChrisHekman Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:47 am
We do check the forums regularly. Personally I check daily, unless something comes up. However I cannot respond to every post as some are not my area.
Xhed is currently out of the office, but will be back soon.

The forum is the proper place to request features.
We definitly take the forum into account for determining which new features to implement. The scripting API was added to the feature list because of the forum for example.

When it comes to bugs, either the forum or support system is fine. We try respond to bugs asap. I believe we have fixed all or most reported bugs.
We are holding off pushing a new build for internal reasons at the moment. Which is why many of the fixes have not been made public yet.
ChrisHekman
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby glimpse » Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 am

glimpse Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:58 am
Also regarding to features, now there is feature request sytem. This is meant to indicate & help to priorities features based on community needs.
glimpse
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Octane for Unity