image sequence for opacity

Forums: image sequence for opacity
Sub forum for help and tutorials.

Moderator: JimStar

image sequence for opacity

Postby redbeardsescapades » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:47 pm

redbeardsescapades Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:47 pm
hello everyone,

I am trying to use an image sequence for my opacity slot but it gets stuck as soon as I slide the timeline and then does not update anymore. sometimes it works 2-3 times and then maya freezes/crashes seemingly randomly after trying to update the current frame. am i missing something here or is the image sequence feature simply buggy?
redbeardsescapades
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: image sequence for opacity

Postby BK » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:35 am

BK Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:35 am
redbeardsescapades wrote:hello everyone,

I am trying to use an image sequence for my opacity slot but it gets stuck as soon as I slide the timeline and then does not update anymore. sometimes it works 2-3 times and then maya freezes/crashes seemingly randomly after trying to update the current frame. am i missing something here or is the image sequence feature simply buggy?

Hello redbeardsescapades,

Are you using Float image texture or Octane Image texture node? Also, please let us know the which Octane for Maya version is installed?..
Btw, this thread is to share Help/Tutorial. Please use this [ viewforum.php?f=110 ]

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: image sequence for opacity

Postby redbeardsescapades » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:59 pm

redbeardsescapades Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:59 pm
hi BK thanks for the reply and sorry for the lack of info, my bad that was a bit of a brainfart lol... I am using 3.08.1 12.41Beta with maya 2017 on win10 with a single titan X currently. I used octane image texture, I just tried it with float image texture but the issue persists. should I make a new post there or can you or another mod move the thread there?
redbeardsescapades
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Help / Tutorials