Moderator: TRRazor

Forum rules
RedSpec SSS and TGX © RedSpec SSS
http://redspec-sss.com

G3F/G8F Shader Problem

Postby myklgrant » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:36 pm

myklgrant Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:36 pm
Hello,

The email addresses at Redspecsss are refusing messages so I have to contact RedSpecSSS support through this board.
Anyways here is the email I tried to send:

Hello,

First I would like to say that your stuff is terrific.
However for the life of me I can't get the shaders to work on the new genitalia for G8F so for those kinds of renders I have to revert to Iray which doesn't produce near the same results as your shaders and Octane.
I drag and drop RedSpecTGX .duf into the scene manually and apply the individual shaders manually as well.
For the gen I apply RSTGXT_M2_G3FEM_Genitalia to the 2 surfaces under New Genitalia for Victoria8
and to the 2 new_gens_V8_1840_**** surfaces in the Colour Layer and Effect Layers. They seem to apply but I get the attached results. I'm not going to upload a complete picture on a forum (hence the email) but that is the top edge of the new gens.

I've tried everything but have no idea what is going wrong.
Any suggestions?
Thank-you for any assistance you can supply.

Michael Grant
Attachments
redspec G3F edited.jpg
redspec G3F edited.jpg (4.7 KiB) Viewed 9184 times
myklgrant
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: G3F/G8F Shader Problem

Postby TRRazor » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:00 pm

TRRazor Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:00 pm
Dear MIchael,

thank you very much for your message and please excuse the belated reply.
the e-Mail-addresses only work with redspec-sss.com in the domain, maybe that was the problem?

I drag and drop RedSpecTGX .duf into the scene manually and apply the individual shaders manually as well.

The drag and drop shaders are have become a mere fall back option and do not represent the current state of shader development.

To apply the shaders in their most recent version, please apply them through the 2-click-preset sitting in Genesis 8 Female\Materials\RedSpec SSS\RedSpec TGX tailored MK3 for G8F\
The preset you're trying to apply to the New Genitalia were designed for the official Genitalia figure by DAZ3D and are also outdated.

We've included genitalia presets for NG for G8F with the current winter update, please use those accordingly, as described in the manual. As these represent the shader in its most recent
state and were designed for the genitalia figure in question.

Please let me know, if this helped with your problem.

Regards and Happy Rendering

Noel
W10 64 bit | i7 3770K | MSI Geforce RTX 2080 (8GB) + GTX Titan Black (6GB) | 32 GB DDR3 RAM
TRRazor
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Redspec SSS