proxy carryover

Forums: proxy carryover
Sub forum for feature requests etc

proxy carryover

Postby protovu » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:49 pm

protovu Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:49 pm
Auto, Reshapable, Movable: It would be incredibly helpful to have the Object Type carry forward from each plugin upgrade.
Specifically, if objects animate in the render, they should continue to do so with Blender Octane upgrades.
protovu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: proxy carryover

Postby linograndiotoy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:39 am

linograndiotoy Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:39 am
Can you clarify what you mean?
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby protovu » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:53 pm

protovu Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:53 pm
Hi Lino,
Thank you for the follow up.

1. A project is completed . The project has many animated objects, many shape keys in the objects, animates correctly, etc. All good. Client likes.
2. Client comes back some time later (months) with iterations or edits. Should be simple, but since the first output, I have updated my Blender Octane to the latest stable. This could be 1 or more versions since the initial output.
3. I do the edits, start the render only to find after the render that all the object types have reverted to "Auto", and will not animate within the render. If I were dealing with only a few objects, not a big deal.

I think there was a time when "Auto" actually worked. That is, I am assuming that the plugin was able to determine the object type by how it is used within the file? In other words, we never had to designate "auto, reshapeable, moveable" as "auto" actually worked. Now, and maybe this is just me, I can't see "auto" helping in any way, but actually causing much frustration.

Rick
protovu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:47 pm

linograndiotoy Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:47 pm
I agree. "Auto" is not doing what it should, at the point i never leave any item on Auto.
About the Object Type status, it should be compatible with new releases, at least with 2.8 + (the system has changed since 2.79).
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby protovu » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:58 pm

protovu Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:58 pm
Thanks, Lino.

Yes, I have found the Object Type Status compatible with newer releases.

But, what I have encountered is the Object Type Status is not being maintained per object when I open a file in the upgraded Blender Octane Version.

What was once Shapepable or Moveable is suddenly Auto when the file is opened within the upgraded version.
protovu
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to User Requests