constant render server error across all files on 2018.1.2

Forums: constant render server error across all files on 2018.1.2
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

constant render server error across all files on 2018.1.2

Postby b.o.p » Sun May 19, 2019 8:26 pm

b.o.p Sun May 19, 2019 8:26 pm
hey im getting constant render server errors when working, meaning im spending the weekend in my office having to manually render a frame and then save the image for every frame. blender/octane is becoming unbearable when rendering especially when the live viewer works flawlessly !?!?!

anyhow ..... the two files being worked on for clients are largely different.
one is a ten second animation with a memory size of around 75 Mb and the other is a full 3:30 animation with around a file size of 60-100Gb on disc but only 4-5Gb on rendering so i don't know why i can't get either file to render past the first frame unless im doing it manually and saving each file manually. i can send the files via mail but they cannot be shared on the forum due to not making them publically available, im sure you understand.

i desperately need a clear solution to why we have to use this overly complex middle man render server that is the week link in the whole chain, its what fails every single time. why you don't just get us to sign in once a day, when we open blender with our credentials and then allow it to stay open until we close?.

im so close to switching back to our studio's previous rendering solution as i spend more time trying to troubleshoot and try and figure out where octane is going wrong. im literally losing income due to having to make up extra time or not take on jobs because i can't trust octane is going to run or work with what we throw at it .

steps we have taken to try and resolve what's going on .
1 we removed every piece of software and plugin not needed for each project.
2 changed and reordered each GPU
3 bought new routers to see if the network was the issue
4 swapped out hdds
5 removed all O/Cs on pc
6 stopped all unneeded essential software at rendering
7 shut down all monitors bar one
8 updated all drivers
9 put down a salt circle and offered up old ram to the pc gods

Inkedror errors_LI.jpg
errors for the small Vectron file

Inkedship errors_LI.jpg
errors for the large file

a few side notes ....... for the Vectron file, the Vectron code always complies correctly

for the larger file, we don't need to use out of core , although we did try it , it made no difference as the size for the render was only 4-5Gb and all ai and denoise attributes were turned off

all and any help welcome if you work at otoy and what the files PM me and ill get you links via correct channels so you can test them if needs be.

best

B.o.p
|| AMD Ryzen 1800X @4Ghz || CROSSHAIR VI HERO || 16Gb Corsair 2666Mhz || 2 x GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb ||
b.o.p
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: constant render server error across all files on 2018.1.2

Postby BK » Mon May 20, 2019 4:01 am

BK Mon May 20, 2019 4:01 am
b.o.p wrote:hey im getting constant render server errors when working, meaning im spending the weekend in my office having to manually render a frame and then save the image for every frame. blender/octane is becoming unbearable when rendering especially when the live viewer works flawlessly !?!?!

anyhow ..... the two files being worked on for clients are largely different.
one is a ten second animation with a memory size of around 75 Mb and the other is a full 3:30 animation with around a file size of 60-100Gb on disc but only 4-5Gb on rendering so i don't know why i can't get either file to render past the first frame unless im doing it manually and saving each file manually. i can send the files via mail but they cannot be shared on the forum due to not making them publically available, im sure you understand.

i desperately need a clear solution to why we have to use this overly complex middle man render server that is the week link in the whole chain, its what fails every single time. why you don't just get us to sign in once a day, when we open blender with our credentials and then allow it to stay open until we close?.

im so close to switching back to our studio's previous rendering solution as i spend more time trying to troubleshoot and try and figure out where octane is going wrong. im literally losing income due to having to make up extra time or not take on jobs because i can't trust octane is going to run or work with what we throw at it .

steps we have taken to try and resolve what's going on .
1 we removed every piece of software and plugin not needed for each project.
2 changed and reordered each GPU
3 bought new routers to see if the network was the issue
4 swapped out hdds
5 removed all O/Cs on pc
6 stopped all unneeded essential software at rendering
7 shut down all monitors bar one
8 updated all drivers
9 put down a salt circle and offered up old ram to the pc gods

Inkedror errors_LI.jpg

Inkedship errors_LI.jpg

a few side notes ....... for the Vectron file, the Vectron code always complies correctly

for the larger file, we don't need to use out of core , although we did try it , it made no difference as the size for the render was only 4-5Gb and all ai and denoise attributes were turned off

all and any help welcome if you work at otoy and what the files PM me and ill get you links via correct channels so you can test them if needs be.

best

B.o.p

Hi B.op,

Thank you for reporting this. We have sent an email via Zendesk support.
Looking forward to your reply.
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Bug Reports