grimm wrote:I just did a quick test with 16.3.3 and didn't have any issues. These are the steps I followed:
1 - created a plane
2 - went to top view (7)
3 - UV unwrapped with project from view
4 - Pack islands (to make sure that the UVs exactly match the image)
5 - Added an array modifier to test tiling
6 - Set up the nodes and rendered in the preview (I set the displacement texture size to 4096x4096)
I'm thinking that either your UVs are not exactly on the image borders or there are some artifacts in your displacement images?
So, I'm 99.9999% sure that the borders of the UV are right on the edge (Doing a simple UV unwrap of a single face plane will do that, as will Project from View (Bounds) do). I even tried UV unwrapping the way you described*, but with the same result.
I can also look at the edge of the plane with just the texture in the diffuse channel (no Displacement) and see that the texture fits perfectly (no weird lines etc).
What I think differs from our test (to yours) is that you used a tileable texture (right!?). Tileable textures is not a problem, since the repeated edge ([0,0] to [0,1]) matches perfectly to the "last edge" ([1,0] to [1,1]), and thus if it goes a pixel or so over, it makes no difference.
If the texture isn't tileable (like from the World map generator) the issues appears (since the edges doesn't match).
As seen in my screenshots, there's bleed over if there's no displacement (and UVs are right on the image edge [or 1px inset]). I used those colors (via a Gradient node, the OG texture is greyscale, loaded into a float image texture) to add some contrast (so we can see if there's some "bleed").
(*Your approach actually made the UV edges like 1px inset from the actual image border)
(ETA: I've added my test .blend, plus a screenshot of the UV scaled slightly bigger than the image)