License would not deactivate

Forums: License would not deactivate
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

License would not deactivate

Postby pegot » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:33 pm

pegot Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:33 pm
I had an occurrence where exiting the v3 Octane Server would not deactivate my plugin license on the webpage, as normally happens. I think it was in this state for a few days but I noticed it when I wanted to temporarily use the v2 plugin again.

I also tried clearing my plugin license by clicking on the Activate button with empty credentials from within Blender but that did not work either. Finally, I tried signing out from SA, but the plugin still showed as active on the web site and only prompted me to sign in again when I re-started Octane Server. I did not attempt to activate any v2 apps as I did not want to chance being locked out of either.

The problem appears fixed right now. I believe mojave may have re-set my account as I e-mailed him initially regarding the issue and he suggested I post the problem here.

This occurred on my Mac plugin; I did not try it on Windows.
Win 10
3.7Ghz i9 10900k / 64GB
ASUS STRIX Z490-E
PSU: PowerSpec 850Wd
RTX 3090 Asus Tuff

Network rendering:
Win 10
4.2Ghz i7 7700k / 64GB
AsRock SuperCarrier
PSU: EVGA 1200w
RTX 3080 Ti EVGA Hybrid
RTX 3080 ASUS Tuff
GTX 1080ti SC Black (wc)
pegot
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: License would not deactivate

Postby mojave » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:41 pm

mojave Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:41 pm
pegot wrote:I had an occurrence where exiting the v3 Octane Server would not deactivate my plugin license on the webpage, as normally happens. I think it was in this state for a few days but I noticed it when I wanted to temporarily use the v2 plugin again.

I also tried clearing my plugin license by clicking on the Activate button with empty credentials from within Blender but that did not work either. Finally, I tried signing out from SA, but the plugin still showed as active on the web site and only prompted me to sign in again when I re-started Octane Server. I did not attempt to activate any v2 apps as I did not want to chance being locked out of either.

The problem appears fixed right now. I believe mojave may have re-set my account as I e-mailed him initially regarding the issue and he suggested I post the problem here.

This occurred on my Mac plugin; I did not try it on Windows.

Hi,

This could have happened for a number of reasons, but it is likely is one of these:

- After activating with v2 the deactivation has to be made explicitly as it used to be so the plugin may be holding that license. The case of Mac is a bit special, as v2 and v3 see the machine as a different one (see this) so even though you open and exit the server the license in use by the v2 plugin will not be released as it would think it is used by a different machine.
- If there would be more than one instance of the Octane server running in the background the license would be still in use by it so that could cause that it still in use.

Anyway if this happens again, please send me a PM and I'll help you finding out the exact cause of the issue.

Thank you.
mojave
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Bug Reports