Renderings occasionally not denoising

Forums: Renderings occasionally not denoising
Sub forum for bug reports
Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Renderings occasionally not denoising

Postby Andreas_Resch » Thu May 25, 2023 4:47 pm

Andreas_Resch Thu May 25, 2023 4:47 pm
I've had a few occasions where the path tracer will not denoise the final rendering although it is selected in the Camera Imager and the pass is checked as well. In those situations, the Noise pass was written out as the Denoiser Beautry pass or the Beauty pass (if no Noise pass is used). There are also some weird errors in the Octane log that I can't make sense off. Maybe they will help to find an answer to that.

In some situations the render speed drops significantly (like dropping from 20Ms/sec down to 2Ms/sec). This reminds me of the speed drops when PMC is used - which will also not calculate a denoise pass. Maybe PMC is used occasionally although Path Pracing is set?

V27.15, Windows 10, RTX 3060
Attachments
octane 2022.1.1 230525 184318.txt.zip
(865 Bytes) Downloaded 31 times
Andreas_Resch

Re: Renderings occasionally not denoising

Postby Andreas_Resch » Fri May 26, 2023 5:26 am

Andreas_Resch Fri May 26, 2023 5:26 am
I checked the same rendering this morning and so far the denoising works again. It's obviously one of those errors that appear when several circumstances com together. Annoying to debug and find. I also checked the log for one of the scenes that Lino has provided and those log errors are in there as well. So they are probably of no value to this scene either and are there in general. Maybe still worth evaluating. I'll report if I have any more insight what conditions might cause this issue.
Andreas_Resch

Re: Renderings occasionally not denoising

Postby linograndiotoy » Wed May 31, 2023 3:20 pm

linograndiotoy Wed May 31, 2023 3:20 pm
Thanks!
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Bug Reports