OctaneRender Studio subscribers can access their software from the "Downloads" section of their Customer Account Page.
This is a TEST version, so be prepared to have some issues. Do not use it for production.
NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Upgrade to 2019.1.4
- Support Octane VDB animation(same as 18.x)
- Add converters for converting Cycles Principled BSDF to Octane Universal Material
- The converter can be found under "Material-Converters-Convert To Octane Materials"
- Now only "Cycles Principled BSDF to Octane Universal Material" is supported. More types can be added in the coming versions.
- Add OSL Delayed UV Projection
- Add Vertex Displacement Mixer
- Reorganize kernel as SA layout
- Support to disconnect visible environment
- Support to resolve the target node without outputs for octane DB material
FIXES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Remove deprecated environment settings structure
- Hide Eevee/cycles nodes in octane; hide octane nodes in other engines
- Fix subdivision mesh issue
- Fix color vertex data error
- Fix Z-Depth pass crash
- Fix the export issue for single frame scene
- Fix the ortho camera wrong positions issue
- Fix ortho camera render issue with portrait mode under final render
- Fix the auto-refresh issue for animated image
- Fix probabilistic render freezing on OSX
- Fix the int value scope issue
- Fix Eevee HDRI render issue
- Fix the ramp setting issue for gradient texture and volume ramp texture
- Fix some connection issues in the octane node graph
- Fix render the issue of AO texture in the kernel
- Rename "Toon Direction" to "Toon Directional"
- Rename "Matte" to "Shadow catcher" in Diffuse Material
- Change bump socket from float to shader type
- Remove Octane prefix
- Materials with dynamic layer configuration(e.g. Group Layers, Composite Materials) are not supported in LiveDB and LocalDB
- Global mesh type override is not included in the current release
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 2019.1.4 here:
The installation consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender.
DOWNLOAD (both distributives must be reinstalled, they depend on each other)
Blender Octane Edition - 20.5 (2.8)
Octane Server - Enterprise Edition - 20.5
- Just run the installer to see its command line keys.
- If you need to run OctaneServer - run it as daemon:
- Code: Select all
$ OctaneServer &
Blender Octane Edition - 20.5 (2.8) Linux
Octane Server - Enterprise Edition - 20.5 Linux
Blender Octane Edition - 20.5 (2.8) OSX
Octane Server - Enterprise Edition - 20.5 OSX
Please note, in regards to Bug Reporting:
- Bug Reports in this section refer to plugin-specific bugs only. Bugs originating from the Octane Standalone should be reported to the Standalone Forum section instead
- For faster troubleshooting, please provide as much information as possible. Please include:
- Your Hardware specifications (unless they are included in your signature)
- A clear description of the issue you have found
- Steps that you took to trigger this bug, so that we can reproduce it (ideally, please also provide screenshots. If possible, files for testing would also be appreciated).
- Whenever possible, please confirm that this issue is only happening in the plugin, and not also in the Standalone Edition (if the bug occurs in both, it is likely that this issue should be reported in the OctaneRender Standalone section of the Forums).
- Please bear in mind - we are primarily an English-Language Forum. Please do not take offense if we request further clarification due to language differences.