OctaneRender Studio subscribers can access their software from the "Downloads" section of their Customer Account Page.
NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Updated sdk to 4.04
- Supported viewport material color("Properties-Material-Settings")
- Supported to save material as OctaneDB("Material-Settings-Save As OctaneDB")
- Supported camera mapped feature in Image Nodes
- Supported to customize LocalDB path( "User Preference-Octane Render-Octane LocalDB Path")
- Used blender temp folder("User Preference-File-Temp") to save octane temp files
- Added "Linear space invert" for texture image nodes
- Added "Toon shadow ambient"("Render-Octane kernel-Toon shadow ambient")
- Added "Cast shadow" for toon lights
- Added normal and bump for coating and sheen in universal material
- Added simplify settings
- Added volume properties in Material panel
- Included alembic feature for osx/linux builds
FIXES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Fixed some disordered issues/crashes in LiveDB material
- Fixed Metal/Toon/Universal material support in LiveDB material
- Fixed unwanted reflection filter pass in exported orbx
- Optimized material upload - now materials in inactive scenes would not be uploaded
- Change "Octane LiveDB" in windows menu to "OctaneDB" as it contains both localDB and liveDB
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 4.04 here:
The installation consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition.
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender.
DOWNLOAD (both distributives must be reinstalled, they depend on each other)
Blender Octane Edition - 16.4 (2.79)
Octane Server - 16.4
- Just run the installer to see its command line keys.
- If you need to run OctaneServer - run it as daemon:
- Code: Select all
$ OctaneServer &
Blender Octane Edition - v16.4 Linux
- Just run autoinstaller file.
- Or, if you know what you are doing, you can use the ZIP archive to copy .app files manually.
ZIP archive: Blender Octane Edition - v16.4 OSX ZIP
Please note, in regards to Bug Reporting:
- Bug Reports in this section refer to plugin-specific bugs only. Bugs originating from the Octane Standalone should be reported to the Standalone Forum section instead
- For faster troubleshooting, please provide as much information as possible. Please include:
- Your Hardware specifications (unless they are included in your signature)
- A clear description of the issue you have found
- Steps that you took to trigger this bug, so that we can reproduce it (ideally, please also provide screenshots. If possible, files for testing would also be appreciated).
- Whenever possible, please confirm that this issue is only happening in the plugin, and not also in the Standalone Edition (if the bug occurs in both, it is likely that this issue should be reported in the OctaneRender Standalone section of the Forums).
- Please bear in mind - we are primarily an English-Language Forum. Please do not take offense if we request further clarification due to language differences.