OctaneRender Studio subscribers can access their software from the "Downloads" section of their Customer Account Page.
NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Upgraded to 2018.1
- Supported to save material as OctaneDB("Material-Settings-Save As OctaneDB")
- Supported camera mapped feature in Image Texture Node
- Supported to customize LocalDB path( "User Preference-Octane Render-Octane LocalDB Path")
- Supported enterprise package build
- Compatibility support: auto-link bump/normal to coating bump/normal and sheen bump/normal
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 2018.1 here:
The installation consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition.
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender.
DOWNLOAD (both distributives must be reinstalled, they depend on each other)
Blender Octane Edition - 2018.1 - 17.6 (2.79)
Octane Server - 2018.1 - 17.6
OctaneRender Enterprise does not yet support Linux. This is being addressed by our team, and will be amended as soon as possible.
- Just run autoinstaller file.
- Or, if you know what you are doing, you can use the ZIP archive to copy .app files manually.
ZIP archive: Blender Octane Edition - v2018.1 - 17.6 OSX ZIP
Please note, in regards to Bug Reporting:
- Bug Reports in this section refer to plugin-specific bugs only. Bugs originating from the Octane Standalone should be reported to the Standalone Forum section instead
- For faster troubleshooting, please provide as much information as possible. Please include:
- Your Hardware specifications (unless they are included in your signature)
- A clear description of the issue you have found
- Steps that you took to trigger this bug, so that we can reproduce it (ideally, please also provide screenshots. If possible, files for testing would also be appreciated).
- Whenever possible, please confirm that this issue is only happening in the plugin, and not also in the Standalone Edition (if the bug occurs in both, it is likely that this issue should be reported in the OctaneRender Standalone section of the Forums).
- Please bear in mind - we are primarily an English-Language Forum. Please do not take offense if we request further clarification due to language differences.