OctaneRender Studio subscribers can access their software from the "Downloads" section of their Customer Account Page.
NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Upgraded SDK to 4.01.1
- Refactored LiveDB and supported LocalDB ("Windows-Octane LiveDB")
- Added "keep instance power" in BlackBodyEmission and TextureEmission
- Added "Blend cube transform" and "Coordinate space" in TriplanarTexture
- Added "Omega" in RidgedFractalTexture
- Added render priority feature
- Stored gpu device settings when closing the setting panel
- Removed old gpu device settings
- Supported texture for "Ground albedo" and "Ground Emission" in planetary environment
The new Octane LiveDB can be found under "Windows-Octane LiveDB". Right click on the target material and then click import to start download. After the download finished, the liveDB material will be put/replace current material. You are able to find it under the material panel(this is same as old LiveDB System).
As this is a totally new system for blender, the old LiveDB is still there "to be on safe side".
FIXES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Fixed issue in OSL Projection
- Fixed issue in deep image
- Fixed nodegraph issue when " Node Graph Upload Optimization" is on
- Fixed crash when "Empty GPU After Rendering" feature is on
- Fixed area light issue
- Fixed cast shadow issue in emission textures
- Fixed crash when open livedb without object selected
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 4.01.1 here:
The installation consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition.
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender.
DOWNLOAD (both distributives must be reinstalled, they depend on each other)
Blender Octane Edition - 16.3.1 (2.79)
Octane Server - 16.3.1
- Just run the installer to see its command line keys.
- If you need to run OctaneServer - run it as daemon:
- Code: Select all
$ OctaneServer &
Blender Octane Edition - v16.3.1 Linux
- Just run autoinstaller file.
- Or, if you know what you are doing, you can use the ZIP archive to copy .app files manually.
Autoinstaller: Blender Octane Edition - v16.3.1 OSX Autoinstaller
ZIP archive: Blender Octane Edition - v16.3.1 OSX ZIP
Please note, in regards to Bug Reporting:
- Bug Reports in this section refer to plugin-specific bugs only. Bugs originating from the Octane Standalone should be reported to the Standalone Forum section instead
- For faster troubleshooting, please provide as much information as possible. Please include:
- Your Hardware specifications (unless they are included in your signature)
- A clear description of the issue you have found
- Steps that you took to trigger this bug, so that we can reproduce it (ideally, please also provide screenshots. If possible, files for testing would also be appreciated).
- Whenever possible, please confirm that this issue is only happening in the plugin, and not also in the Standalone Edition (if the bug occurs in both, it is likely that this issue should be reported in the OctaneRender Standalone section of the Forums).
- Please bear in mind - we are primarily an English-Language Forum. Please do not take offense if we request further clarification due to language differences.