This is a TEST version, so be prepared to have some issues. Don't use it for production.
So far, development for Octane version 3.07 has been progressing well. Until 3.07 is declared stable however, this release of OctaneRender for Blender will be marked as a "Test" version until further notice.
Here is a basic overview of our Development plans for the near future. Additional feedback is welcome:
- - Blender Octane Edition 13.x: Support for stable Octane 3.07 rendering core
- - Blender Octane Edition 14.x: Integrating Blender 2.79
- - Blender Octane Edition 15.x: Support for upcoming Octane 3.08 rendering core
NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- New 3.07 engine support implemented.
- Improve emission effect
- New emitter options "Visible on diffuse", "Visible on specular", "Cast shadows"
- Double-sided emitters
- Transparent emission
- Improved rendering of non-uniformly scaled emitters
- Support scatter node and instance IDs
- Support scatter node
- User defined instance IDs
- Support instance range texture
- Support instance color texture
- Support Baking texture
- Support UVW transform texture
- Support independent UV transform for each baking group
- Baking UV transform
FIXES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- - Fixed the problem of scatter node failure
- - Fixed a crash in the download of LiveDB materials
- - Fixed the rotation error of infinite plane
- - Add expected exposure parameter
- - Deprecate addaptive strength parameter
- - Add 'TessFace in Preview' option for turn on tessfaces in interactive rendering mode
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 3.0 here:
If you need to see the changelog of current rendering core, or download standalone installer to get network slave and daemon please find it here:
The installation consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition.
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender.
DOWNLOAD (both distributives must be reinstalled, they depend on each other)
Blender Octane Edition - 13.1 (2.78a)
Octane Server - 13.1
- Just run the installer to see its command line keys.
- If you need to run OctaneServer - run it as daemon:
- Code: Select all
$ OctaneServer &
Blender Octane Edition - v13.1 Linux
- Just run autoinstaller file.
- Or, if you know what you are doing, you can use the ZIP archive to copy .app files manually.
Autoinstaller: Blender Octane Edition - v13.1 OSX Autoinstaller
ZIP archive: Blender Octane Edition - v13.1 OSX ZIP
Please note, in regards to Bug Reporting:
- Bug Reports in this section refer to plugin-specific bugs only. Bugs originating from the Octane Standalone should be reported to the Standalone Forum section instead
- For faster troubleshooting, please provide as much information as possible. Please include:
- Your Hardware specifications (unless they are included in your signature)
- A clear description of the issue you have found
- Steps that you took to trigger this bug, so that we can reproduce it (ideally, please also provide screenshots. If possible, files for testing would also be appreciated).
- Whenever possible, please confirm that this issue is only happening in the plugin, and not also in the Standalone Edition (if the bug occurs in both, it is likely that this issue should be reported in the OctaneRender Standalone section of the Forums).
- Please bear in mind - we are primarily an English-Language Forum. Please do not take offense if we request further clarification due to language differences.