This is a TEST version, so be prepared to have some issues. Don't use it for production.
There are known issues with 3.06 test version of Octane engine, so it may not work correctly in this version of plugin... Linux version of 3.06 SDK is broken, so there is no Linux version of plugin in this release.
And I've experienced a couple of crashes inside the Octane engine when was testing this version of plugin, so take into account that 3.06 engine is in its very first test version. You may have to restart OctaneServer when it happens... But at least you are able to test all the new features, including adaptive sampling...
FIXES AND NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- New 3.06 engine support implemented.
- Implemented the ability to steal network daemons from other masters. Now you can pass the
-scommand line key when starting OctaneServer, in this case it will be stealing Octane network daemons already bound to other masters.
- Any non-global mesh now can be converted "on the fly" to "infinite plane" (see a new switch in Octane properties of object data). Be prepared that when playing with infinite plane in live-render you can encounter some GPU failures and OctaneServer locks afterwards. This is some issue in engine's test version, not a plugin. Just restart the server if this happens...
- New adaptive sampling settings implemented in kernels.
- A couple of other new settings, features, and new nodes (see the standalone 3.06 changelog).
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 3.0 here:
The installation consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition.
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender.
If you need to see the changelog of current rendering core, or download standalone installer to get network slave and daemon please find it here:
DOWNLOAD (both distributives must be reinstalled, they depend on each other)
Blender Octane Edition - 12.0 (2.78a)
Octane Server - 12.0
- Just run autoinstaller file.
- Or, if you know what you are doing, you can use the ZIP archive to copy .app files manually.
Autoinstaller: Blender Octane Edition - v12.0 OSX Autoinstaller
ZIP archive: Blender Octane Edition - v12.0 OSX ZIP
Please, if you decided to report a bug:
- Don't post in Blender section the reports about how Octane engine works - use the Octane Standalone forum sections for that.
- Give a meaningful description about what you think is wrong and how to reproduce it (in addition to screenshots if any). I can't solve the "one screenshot" rebuses without any meaningful description...
- If you use Google-translator to post here - check please what you got before posting it, and edit it before posting. Ask your friends to check it if you don't speak English.