OctaneRender™ for Blender 2.24.2 - 9.7 Win [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender™ for Blender 2.24.2 - 9.7 Win [OBSOLETE]
Sub forum for plugin releases

Re: OctaneRender™ for Blender 2.24.2 - 9.7 Win [TEST]

Postby Marten74 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:43 pm

Marten74 Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:43 pm
Marten74 wrote:Hello!

Very urgent problem here in an ongoing project that I can´t wrap my head around.

I get an error for file transfer to the server (see screen shot). At first I thought it was because of folder and file names since I have bought and downloaded a lot of models and textures. I have searched through each folder, material and texture and renamed them with standard characters.

To try to pinpoint the model/materia/texture I go through each layer one by one and render. Some times it renders fine, some times not. If I render all separate layers successfully, I can still get the error message when making a F12 render with all layers visible. Sometimes a view port render works and F12 not, some times the other way around. Some times a restart can solve it momentarily, but after a while the problem comes back.

I have tried to uninstall plugins that might be an issue (have not been before).

I have two scenes that reference each other. I tried to break the dependency making everything single user. Not the issue it seems. The error is very random, and very frequent. Some time it works, some times not.

Some times I get lines saying "WM_OT_context...." (see screen shot). That was when I thought maybe a plugin was causing this. When I google it, I mostly find Blender code I cant figure anything out from, but one post was about issues importing FBX files. I have imported a lot of FBX files from 3DSKY.COM that I have to convert to fbx2013 in Autodesks fbx-converter in order to use. Not sure if this can have something to do with the texture errors?

Jim, my scene contains commercial models and textures. I will not post the scene here, but I can send you a drop box link if you give me an address.

I have spend hours on this problem in a tight project. I´m overly grateful for any input that could get me going again

Update: I installed an earlier version (9.5) to see if this issue was introduced in the latest version. First render went fine. Thought I at least found a work around to be able to render. Then, second camera and render, same issue. So there is something in the scene causing this that is not version dependent. I got a new error message in 9.5 I did not see before. "Invalid clnors in this fan!". Strange message... Ringing any bells?

Thanks!

So, I´m still struggling with this, "Octane: ERROR loading image texture. Server response: Error transferring the refreshed texture file to the server.". I would love for the system console to tell me exactly what texture/textures are the issue. In some other issues that has actually been the case. I have gone through each object now, checking and updating names and search path, then hiding that object, then next object... Very time consuming and very stressful in a commercial project. I actually thought that I found a possible explanation, but it is not very logical though. I noticed in the outliner that in my imported fbx-objects were texture nodes attached to the material that had nothing to do with the Octane material (see attached image). So I thought any way after a few initial tests. I unlinked all of those maps object for object. When I was done I was super exited and hit render... Disappointment... The strange thing is that I prepare all the fbx objects in separate blenderoctane scenes with correct materials and textures, and in those scenes I have no issue rendering what so ever. So maybe not the fbx files causing this any way. If some one can give me a hint where to look, and what to look for, regarding this issue I would be ever so grateful. I´m running empty here on solutions....

Thanks
Attachments
map_issue.jpg
Marten74
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: OctaneRender™ for Blender 2.24.2 - 9.7 Win [OBSOLETE]

Postby JimStar » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:19 am

JimStar Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:19 am
Next version HERE.
JimStar
OctaneRender Team