OctaneRender Studio subscribers can access their software from the "Downloads" section of their Customer Account Page.
NEW FEATURES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Upgraded to 2020.1
- Add two strategies as rapid screening methods to detect whether a mesh is changed(dirty)
- Edit Mode (Default) (A mesh will be marked as dirty and reloaded once the edit mode is on)
- Select (A mesh will be marked as dirty and reloaded once it is selected)
FIXES SINCE LAST RELEASE
- Fixed the VDB imported scale update issue
- Fixed distorted region render issue
- Set auto smooth as True by default
- Fixed the render update failure when renaming materials
- Fixed the OSL shader reset issue
- Fixed crash when starting render without server
- Fixed slow camera navigation issue
- There is a crash issue when modifying primitives under the experimental RTX acceleration with the latest drivers. As workarounds, please stick to older versions as long as RTX is supported. Besides, A fix for it is coming soon.
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 2020.1 here:
The installation consists from two parts:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition
After starting OctaneServer it will take some time before the LiveDB tree and LiveDB material previews will be available from Blender - as OctaneServer caches the LiveDB data from remote server right after starting. But only the materials groups tree will be re-cached every time after server start, LiveDB material preview images will be cached only once - so only the very first OctaneServer start will need some more time before LiveDB tree will be available in Blender.
After the server is run - you can start rendering (or open a rendered view) from inside Blender.
DOWNLOAD (both distributives must be reinstalled, they depend on each other)
Blender Octane Edition - 21.7(2.82a)
Octane Server - Enterprise Edition - 21.7
- Just run the installer to see its command line keys.
- If you need to run OctaneServer - run it as daemon:
- Code: Select all
$ OctaneServer &
Blender Octane Edition - 21.7 (2.82a) Linux
Octane Server - Enterprise Edition - 21.7 Linux
Blender Octane Edition - 21.7 (2.82a) OSX
Octane Server - Enterprise Edition - 21.7 OSX
Please note, in regards to Bug Reporting:
- Bug Reports in this section refer to plugin-specific bugs only. Bugs originating from the Octane Standalone should be reported to the Standalone Forum section instead
- For faster troubleshooting, please provide as much information as possible. Please include:
- Your Hardware specifications (unless they are included in your signature)
- A clear description of the issue you have found
- Steps that you took to trigger this bug, so that we can reproduce it (ideally, please also provide screenshots. If possible, files for testing would also be appreciated).
- Whenever possible, please confirm that this issue is only happening in the plugin, and not also in the Standalone Edition (if the bug occurs in both, it is likely that this issue should be reported in the OctaneRender Standalone section of the Forums).
- Please bear in mind - we are primarily an English-Language Forum. Please do not take offense if we request further clarification due to language differences.