OTOY® is very proud to announce the availability of a new free version of OctaneRender™ 2019 for Blender® 2.8 - with free new tier!
The world's fastest and most feature-rich unbiased Octane render engine 2019.1 - RC3 that integrates completely with Blender 2.80 RC3.
This is the first release of OctaneRender™ for Blender® 2019 for Blender® 2.8 - available for the first time on Octane's new free tier!
As with all experimental builds, please do not use this for production purposes.
We can't guarantee that scenes saved with this version will be compatible in future releases, and we anticipate there being several maintenance releases.
In the meantime, we look forward to your feedback on this release.
At this point, we have not yet hit feature lock yet as there are a few more things left to finalize for Octane 2019 stable.
More OctaneRender™ 2019 for Blender® 2.8 Videos
You can read about new features of OctaneRender™ 2019.1.RC3 here:
- OSX/Linux versions are not supported yet
- The motion blur feature is during development
- The backward-compatibility issue of environment and volume nodes
- Hair Rendering is not supported yet
- Render Layers not supported yet
The installation consists from two parts, downloaded and installed seperately:
1. OctaneRender™ Server
2. Blender - OctaneRender™ edition.
- You will need to create an OTOY account in order to download. Please follow these steps here
- Download and Install both OctaneRender™ Server and Blender - OctaneRender™ edition from the link below.
- Run OctaneRender™ Server (Right-click on OctaneServer from the tray icons to Exit the application.)
- Now, run Blender - OctaneRender™ edition. You can start rendering inside Blender viewport (or open a rendered view).
- If the Octane is not listed in the Render Engine drop-down then go to Edit>Preferences>Add-ons to load Octane Render Engine
Download Octane 2019 for Blender 2.8 Windows (free tier) - Updated 2019-08-30
Download OctaneRender™ for Blender® 2019 for Blender® 2.8 - with free new tier!
For faster troubleshooting, please provide as much information as possible. Please include:
- Your Hardware specifications (unless they are included in your signature)
- A clear description of the issue you have found
- Steps that you took to trigger this bug, so that we can reproduce it (ideally, please also provide screenshots. If possible, files for testing would also be appreciated).
- Whenever possible, please confirm that this issue is only happening in the plugin, and not also in the Standalone Edition (if the bug occurs in both, it is likely that this issue should be reported in the OctaneRender Standalone section of the Forums).
Happy GPU Rendering !!