All the materials appear white after reloading [SOLVED]

Forums: All the materials appear white after reloading [SOLVED]
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: JimStar

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

All the materials appear white after reloading [SOLVED]

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:40 am

Rikk The Gaijin Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:40 am
Hi, I'm using the latest build 3.06 - 10.19 [STABLE] .
Every time I reopen my scene, all the materials appear white, and I have to manually open each material and reload all the textures.
Needless to say, this is a BIG problem.

Windows 10
GTX 980
32 GB Ram
Drivers 378.49
Octane Standalone 3.06
Octane Plugin 3.06 - 10.19
Maya 2016 Extension 1 + SP4
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: All the materials appear white after reloading the scene

Postby calus » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:51 am

calus Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:51 am
(already answered to you on skype be I resume here for other users)

yes this bug was suppose to be fixed in 10.18 but was not,
for some reason at render time the Octane plugin doesn't recognize some Octane material as Octane nodes.

It's weird but I found that this bug has something to do with texture display in the viewport,
so if I set my viewport 2.0 to DirectX mode this is a way to workaround the bug,
as directX is not supported by the plugin it doesn't try to display Octane Material colors or textures then the the bug is not triggered,
And in 10.19 there is a new slightly different bug but with same result, depending on the viewport mode, texture file path are not automatically loaded...

Also, viewport 2.0 OPENGL mode, texture and material color display, seems to be broken in maya 2017 with plugin 10.19,
but then this viewport bug is good to workaround the IPR white material bug the same way as I use DirectX.
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Rikk The Gaijin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:28 am

Rikk The Gaijin Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:28 am
As I told Calus on Skype, if I use Maya 2017 (Extension 3), the render is fine, but I don't see any texture preview in the Viewport.
In short, it's a mess.
Rikk The Gaijin
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:01 am

Goldorak Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:01 am
Sorry for the hassle. I'll tack this issue as well.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby itsallgoode9 » Wed May 03, 2017 9:04 pm

itsallgoode9 Wed May 03, 2017 9:04 pm
wtf is this issue? all of a sudden I have files that are completely broken an useless because of these corrupt materials . you have got to be kidding me that this "bug" slipped through. wtf. wtf wtf.

this is just one more thing on top of billion other issues with this crap plugin. When something is listed ast "Stable" is shouldn't have freakin' issues like this. you guys gotta get your stuff together.
Intel i7-3930K, 64gb RAM, Asus X79 Deluxe mobo, 2x EVGA 780 6gb (for rendering), 1x PNY quaddro k4000 (for display)
Windows 8.1 x64, Maya 2014, Octane Render v2
itsallgoode9
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Fri May 05, 2017 12:02 am

BK Fri May 05, 2017 12:02 am
hi itsallgoode9

I am sorry, :cry:
we are looking into this issue now and hope to have a solution soon. In the meantime, can you confirm if it still happens after restarting Maya? thank you
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jolbertoquini » Fri May 05, 2017 9:08 am

Jolbertoquini Fri May 05, 2017 9:08 am
Hi Birkam,

For us everything fine we had one problem like that and I find something was link to empty UV set, if I have a mesh exported from a other software like houdini example Octane is rendering random from this empty UVSet if I delete then all good I do not need to reload or whatever.

Guys could you post was scene with the issues I would like to see here aswell I'm using on farm everywhere on the studio and no such erros.

best,
JO
Octane Render for Maya.
https://vimeo.com/jocg/videos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocgtd
http://www.hmxmedia.com/
--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :
https://join.skype.com/LXEQaqqfN15w
Jolbertoquini
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Mon May 08, 2017 5:01 am

BK Mon May 08, 2017 5:01 am
Jolbertoquini wrote:Hi Birkam,

For us everything fine we had one problem like that and I find something was link to empty UV set, if I have a mesh exported from a other software like houdini example Octane is rendering random from this empty UVSet if I delete then all good I do not need to reload or whatever.

Guys could you post was scene with the issues I would like to see here aswell I'm using on farm everywhere on the studio and no such erros.

best,
JO

Hi Jo :)

Thank you so much for your kind response. Yes, having a wrong UV set from other 3d application could be the problem.

We are currently investigating on this and hopefully, we can provide a fix ASAP. Also, it would be a great help if we have a sample scene to debug here.

Thanks again Jo !!!
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jolbertoquini » Mon May 08, 2017 10:54 am

Jolbertoquini Mon May 08, 2017 10:54 am
BK wrote:
Jolbertoquini wrote:Hi Birkam,

best,
JO

Hi Jo :)

Thank you so much for your kind response. Yes, having a wrong UV set from other 3d application could be the problem.

We are currently investigating on this and hopefully, we can provide a fix ASAP. Also, it would be a great help if we have a sample scene to debug here.

Thanks again Jo !!!

here a way to see the errors...Pascal tested.

1 - set preference/Display/legacy openGL, reboot Maya
2 - set vieport to 2.0 with texture display
3 - create object + one Octane Material + load 1 bitmap in diffuse
4 - IPR render white object

Best,
JO
Octane Render for Maya.
https://vimeo.com/jocg/videos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocgtd
http://www.hmxmedia.com/
--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :
https://join.skype.com/LXEQaqqfN15w
Jolbertoquini
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Mon May 08, 2017 12:19 pm

calus Mon May 08, 2017 12:19 pm
As it's said in the 3 first posts this Topic, Rikk's bug happen by default in 10.19 with Maya 2016.
As I already explained in the second post this render bug is triggered by a viewport issue :shock:

Jolbertoquini wrote:1 - set preference/Display/legacy openGL, reboot Maya
2 - set vieport to 2.0 with texture display
3 - create object + one Octane Material + load 1 bitmap in diffuse
4 - IPR render white object

This is how to trigger the Rikk's bug in Maya 2017, ( it doesn't happen by default in 2017 because viewport 2.0 default mode is broken for Octane texture display.)

BK wrote:We are currently investigating on this and hopefully, we can provide a fix ASAP. Also, it would be a great help if we have a sample scene to debug here.

@Bikram, what's the point of the bug reports, if you don't read carefully the posts in the Topic ?
No scene sample is needed, in Maya 2016 with 10.19, if you let viewport 2.0 to default opengGL mode, none of the image textures are loaded when you open a scene, neither for viewport or for IPR.
So Rikk's bug is just obvious by default, how could you missed it ?

As I already explained the Rikk's bug (texture not loading) is just one more bug triggered always by the same problem:
I already documented this problem a lot and provided sample scenes to you, for the other "material render white " bugs.
JimStar made a partial quick fix in 10.18 but also added some new relative bugs as "the texture not loading" issue.

Octane Material/texture viewport display implementation is such an awful hack that it triggers render bugs, :shock: (all the "material render white" bugs family).

To solve this problem permanently and stop to add new bugs by patching bad code,
there's no other way than to remove from the plugin the Viewport Shader/texture Display "Feature" (which does more harm than anything else)
and implement it from scratch again but properly this time...
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Next

Return to Bug Reports