The world's fastest and most feature-rich unbiased render engine that integrates completely into Autodesk® Maya®.
Maya® Version Requirements
This release will work with Maya® Versions 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 64-bit on Windows, Linux and OSX operating systems.
To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 419.17 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.
Octane for Maya masterclass:
Changelog and the installers for Octane Standalone are here:
OctaneRender Standalone 2020.1
Changes since version 17.19:
- Implemented a workaround for a bug with restoring the plugih's panel after Maya's restart. If you opened the Octane panel at least once before this version, then it is already stuck in Maya's config file, and to make restoring work you need to do a little clean-up on your machine (description below). Otherwise Maya will always be closing the panel before the plugin finishes loading. If you've never opened the panel - you don't need to do anything.
- Implemented the support of drag-and-dropping of Octane nodes from inside of Octane panel into the Attribute Editor fields. Dropping Octane materials directly into Maya's viewport from Octane panel is not supported, at least so far.
The config-cleaning part of workaround for a bug with restoring a plugin's panel. You need to finish this part on your machine. Maybe just a reset of a workspace would work too, but at least this method would save a rest of the workspace's state...
- Close Maya.
- Find the
Maya_Classic.jsonfile in Maya's
<Documents>/maya/<version>/prefs/workspaces/folder and open it with a text editor (you can make its backup to some place before that).
- Find the Octane panel subsection with the "octaneWorkspacePanel" name (it is enclosed inside curly braces).
- Delete this whole subsection from the file, including the "
," before its opening curly brace. The section looks like this:
- Code: Select all
<rest of the section here...>
- Save the file. Now you can start Maya, and after opening Octane panel again, it should now be restored with restarting Maya.
Subscription Enterprise Downloads
OctaneRender for Maya Enterprise [Windows]
OctaneRender for Maya Enterprise [Linux]
OctaneRender for Maya Enterprise [MacOS]
Subscription Studio Downloads
OctaneRender for Maya Studio [Windows]
OctaneRender for Maya Studio [Linux]
OctaneRender for Maya Studio [MacOS]
OctaneRender for Maya DEMO [Windows]
OctaneRender for Maya DEMO [Linux]
OctaneRender for Maya DEMO [MacOS]