OctaneRender for Maya 2020.1-17.19 [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender for Maya 2020.1-17.19 [OBSOLETE]
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: JimStar

OctaneRender for Maya 2020.1-17.19 [OBSOLETE]

Postby JimStar » Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:20 am

JimStar Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:20 am
Otoy® is proud to announce the availability of a new OctaneRender™ for Maya® Version 2020.1
The world's fastest and most feature-rich unbiased render engine that integrates completely into Autodesk® Maya®.

Maya® Version Requirements

This release will work with Maya® Versions 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 64-bit on Windows, Linux and OSX operating systems.

To use this version, you need a GPU of compute model 3.0 or higher. Support for Fermi GPUs (like GTX 4xx and 5xx) has been dropped. Also make sure you use a driver of version 419.17 or higher and if you are working on Mac OS that have a CUDA driver installed that supports at least CUDA 9.1.

Octane for Maya masterclass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fANBzifhSow&list=PLTqdDmFtprFkzaBM7cmp8ZipQCNupDD0H

Changelog and the installers for Octane Standalone are here:
OctaneRender Standalone 2020.1

Changes since version 17.17:

• New feature: implemented the Octane-specific management/outliner panel. See its usage notes below.
  • Minor quick-fix in the new Octane panel tool: the render layer nodes didn't set as "current" on double-click in 17.18.

2.png

Some usage notes regarding the new "Octane panel" feature:

1. The panel is opened by a new "open panel" button on the Octane shelf.
  2. Single-clicking any node in the panel by left mouse button will select it in the scene.
  3. Nodes that are used as other nodes' inputs (except of Octane geometry/locator nodes) are marked with a "pin" icon to the left of the node name in the panel's tree.
  4. If the node is not used in any other nodes, it has an "empty" icon to the left of the node name and:
    a) its name is greyed if it is simply not used in any other nodes' inputs.
    b) its name is not greyed, which means its output was used before in one or several other nodes' inputs, and this node had been temporarily disconnected from them using the feature described in p.5.
  5. If the node is marked with a "pin" icon (which means it has output connection(s) to other node(s)), and it is not a geometry node or a node from the render-target group (SunSky, Kernel, etc), double-clicking such node will temporarily disconnect its output from all other nodes and cache this connection information (only at one-scene-session level). After that the node will be marked by the "empty" icon, but its name will not be greyed. The subsequent double-click on such node will re-connect its output to all the previous nodes. If the temporarily-disconnected node's output had been connected manually to some nodes afterwards, this erases its previously cached output-connections.
  6. Double-clicking nodes from the render-target group (SunSky, Kernel, etc) that have an "empty" icon next to them will make them currently active (and the icon will become a "pin"). Double-clicking such node that is already connected (has a "pin" icon next to it) will disconnect it - so none of the nodes of this type (e.g. Kernels) will be connected as current to the Scene.
  7. You can drag-and-drop nodes inside the Octane panel tree to connect them to other Octane nodes' inputs. The panel will automatically recognize and allow to only drop a node onto appropriate nodes:
    a) after dropping a node onto another node, a selection-list of input-plugs of other node will be shown that the output of the dropped node can be connected to. Already connected plugs will be marked by "pin" icons in the list.
    b) if other node's input-plug is already connected to a dropped node's output, this plug will not be shown in the selection-list. If there is only one such connected plug, dropping on that node will not be allowed.
    c) if other node has only one input that can be connected to the dropped node (and this input is not already connected to the dropped node), the nodes will be connected immediately without showing the selection list.
    d) if other nodes' input had been chosen and this input is already connected to some other node's output, it will be disconnected from the previous output, and the newly dropped node will be connected instead.
  8. You can click the right mouse button inside the Octane panel tree to be creating any new Octane nodes on-the-fly.
  9. You can use the "Search" field on top of the Octane panel to filter out nodes in the tree:
    a) the previous expanded/collapsed state of the tree will be restored after filtering is finished.
    b) you can either finish filtering by deleting everything inside the "Search" field, or just by pressing the "ESC" key.

Known issue:
I can see in some of my tests that Maya has some weird bug and does not restore the plugin's workspace-integrated panel in the previous place after Maya gets restarted. In this case you need to press the Octane button on the shelf to open it again if you closed Maya.
This looks like Maya bug to me, cause I can see Maya stores this panel's information in its workspace-preferences file, but for some reason it never calls the plugin's supplied callback to restore the panel content - instead it just closes the existing panel after Maya started. Probably it tries to deal with it before it auto-loads the plugin, and because the panel is plugin-dependent, Maya just drops attempts to restore it after the plugin gets finally loaded... I will investigate it some more...

=================================
Subscription Enterprise Downloads

OctaneRender for Maya Enterprise [Windows]

OctaneRender for Maya Enterprise [Linux]

OctaneRender for Maya Enterprise [MacOS]

Subscription Studio Downloads

OctaneRender for Maya Studio [Windows]

OctaneRender for Maya Studio [Linux]

OctaneRender for Maya Studio [MacOS]

DEMO Downloads

OctaneRender for Maya DEMO [Windows]

OctaneRender for Maya DEMO [Linux]

OctaneRender for Maya DEMO [MacOS]
Last edited by JimStar on Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender for Maya 2020.1-17.19 [STABLE]

Postby itsallgoode9 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:59 pm

itsallgoode9 Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:59 pm
super cool and useful looking feature!
Intel i7-3930K, 64gb RAM, Asus X79 Deluxe mobo, 2x EVGA 780 6gb (for rendering), 1x PNY quaddro k4000 (for display)
Windows 8.1 x64, Maya 2014, Octane Render v2
itsallgoode9
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Object Scatter-Spectron- and other 2020 features.

Postby mrfactory » Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:31 pm

mrfactory Thu Jun 04, 2020 7:31 pm
Hello Jim. I've changed from c4d to Maya, but i miss octane object scatter. How can i object scatter in Maya, more or less in the same way i usually do with c4d? Before sending this post i've read all manuals, post and videos about Octane Render Object Scatter with Maya, but i haven't been successful finding a clear answer.

Also i miss many other 2020 features, since i'm new to Maya, don't know if there is something i'm not doing correctly.

Best
mrfactory
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby JimStar » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:23 pm

JimStar Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:23 pm
mrfactory
Scattering geometry objects is conceptually completely different thing to what a rendering plugin does. Such tasks are responsibility of Maya itself (e.g. MASH) or other powerful geometry-handling Maya plugins, like Xgen for example...
I'm not sure what exactly scattering type you need, but I'm sure Maya artists from this forum can suggest you some of these according to your tasks...
JimStar
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby mrfactory » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:30 am

mrfactory Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:30 am
We have tried Mash it was the first choice, but seems it is not working with Octane Render Plugin for Maya, maybe we are doing something wrong.

I've attached a city with Mash, but when we render with octane it disappear.
Attachments
image_2020-06-05_02-52-58.png
Mash rendered with Octane Plugin
image_2020-06-05_02-51-07.png
Mash City
mrfactory
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:40 am

BK Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:40 am
mrfactory wrote:We have tried Mash it was the first choice, but seems it is not working with Octane Render Plugin for Maya, maybe we are doing something wrong.

I've attached a city with Mash, but when we render with octane it disappear.

hi Mrfactory,

Thank you for sharing the screenshot.
Please try setting the Instanced Objects [buildings] as Force load from the Shape node or using the Attribute spreadsheet windows.
Attaching a sample for reference, please let us know how it goes.

MASHScatter.7z
(9.94 KiB) Downloaded 176 times

Cheers :)
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby calus » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:40 pm

calus Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:40 pm
mrfactory wrote:I've attached a city with Mash, but when we render with octane it disappear.

You need to assign Octane materials before attaching the instanced objects to the Mash instancer else Octane doesn't render anything...
However you can easily "repair" the instancer by detaching, assig again octane materials and attach again the list of objects used by the Mash instancer.
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby lapaev » Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:34 pm

lapaev Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:34 pm
I have 8x 1080ti. 435+ studio driver.

1. I get a blue render view on just IPR click.
1. I have to uncheck all GPU's or check Use all in order for render to start.
2. If I check/uncheck during rendering Maya crashes.
3. If I check only 1 gpu before starting IPR, I get blue screen.
lapaev
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Releases