OctaneRender_for_Maya_4.0RC7_-_13.14 [ OBSOLETE ]

Forums: OctaneRender_for_Maya_4.0RC7_-_13.14 [ OBSOLETE ]
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: JimStar

Re: OctaneRender_for_Maya_4.0RC7_-_13.14 [ STABLE ]

Postby Jolbertoquini » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:35 am

Jolbertoquini Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:35 am
Rikk The Gaijin wrote:The previous version of Octane corrupted my scene. Now even with this new version, I cannot see any textures of any material in the scene, unless I go one by one e reload them.
Is there a command I can put in MEL or Python to reload all Octane material's textures?

EDIT:
It's not just the texture, the materials are completely corrupted, even reloading the texture looks like the scene is completely unusable.

Hi Rikk The Gaijin :) ,

I did something help with that until is fixed, if you have the Octane render as default engine basically loaded before you open the scene should fix and then you have all good, if you open the scene with default render arnold when you open your old scene you get all this issues is kind strange behave but this would help you to reload the texture until the fixe, I'm pretty sure they can replicate that. Bikram most have octane as default all the time so he don't see that issue. Hope this help for now.

Cheers,
JO
Octane Render for Maya.
https://vimeo.com/jocg/videos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocgtd
http://www.hmxmedia.com/
--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :
https://join.skype.com/LXEQaqqfN15w
Jolbertoquini
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jolbertoquini » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:14 am

Jolbertoquini Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:14 am
Hi Bikram,

One other issue feature being ignored and was working before is the on render settings common tab in file output the "File name prefix" if I set <Scene>/<Scene> we should get one folder with the name scene with all render inside of then. Right now we have mutiple folders name as the scenes and the passes is a problem there we had that before Please check with Jim this section is not working properly on any scene or computer.

Cheers,
JO
Octane Render for Maya.
https://vimeo.com/jocg/videos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocgtd
http://www.hmxmedia.com/
--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :
https://join.skype.com/LXEQaqqfN15w
Jolbertoquini
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:15 pm

calus Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:15 pm
- When exporting to ORBX animation with the packed alembic option enabled, the resulting ORBX have a wrong timeline (always begin at frame 0).
- When packed alembic otpion is disabled timeline is also wrong but differently, start and end frame vary randomly depending of the "Frames to pre-cache value", also framerate is wrong (always 24 fps).

I already reported this bugs 1 year and 8 months ago: viewtopic.php?f=110&t=60612 :shock: why this takes so long for such a simple fix ?

This is even more important to fix now to get proper ORBX proxy (synchronized with Maya timeline).
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby itsallgoode9 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:08 pm

itsallgoode9 Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:08 pm
seems there's a few bugs left that are mainly related to animation but is this build production ready stable for stil lshots? or is it still considered in beta since it's still listed as RC?
Intel i7-3930K, 64gb RAM, Asus X79 Deluxe mobo, 2x EVGA 780 6gb (for rendering), 1x PNY quaddro k4000 (for display)
Windows 8.1 x64, Maya 2014, Octane Render v2
itsallgoode9
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:20 pm

calus Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:20 pm
itsallgoode9 wrote:seems there's a few bugs left that are mainly related to animation but is this build production ready stable for stil lshots? or is it still considered in beta since it's still listed as RC?

octane core V4 RC7 is very stable and I guess final release will happen in a few days based on this RC, the Maya plugin is quite stable for still shots, but yes still many issues left relative to animation.
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:42 pm

calus Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:42 pm
Jolbertoquini wrote:I did something help with that until is fixed, if you have the Octane render as default engine basically loaded before you open the scene should fix and then you have all good, if you open the scene with default render arnold when you open your old scene you get all this issues is kind strange behave but this would help you to reload the texture until the fixe, I'm pretty sure they can replicate that. Bikram most have octane as default all the time so he don't see that issue. Hope this help for now.

Oh good catch Jo !
it seems some of my issues are also relative to this.
Indeed I have zero renderer enabled by default, so the octane plugin is often loaded while opening an Octane scene ... and this seems to break many many things. :o

@Bikram I can't afford to have the Octane pluggin loaded by default,
please test correctly on your side by disabling the Octane plugin "auto-load" by default and always open sample scene in a new Maya session.
I remember we already talked about this, but not sure you finally did it.
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:27 am

BK Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:27 am
calus wrote:
Jolbertoquini wrote:I did something help with that until is fixed, if you have the Octane render as default engine basically loaded before you open the scene should fix and then you have all good, if you open the scene with default render arnold when you open your old scene you get all this issues is kind strange behave but this would help you to reload the texture until the fixe, I'm pretty sure they can replicate that. Bikram most have octane as default all the time so he don't see that issue. Hope this help for now.

Oh good catch Jo !
it seems some of my issues are also relative to this.
Indeed I have zero renderer enabled by default, so the octane plugin is often loaded while opening an Octane scene ... and this seems to break many many things. :o

@Bikram I can't afford to have the Octane pluggin loaded by default,
please test correctly on your side by disabling the Octane plugin "auto-load" by default and always open sample scene in a new Maya session.
I remember we already talked about this, but not sure you finally did it.

Hi Calus,

thank you for the post.

It was fixed in one of the earlier builds but reappeared.
We were able to replicate this and there is a ticket on our bug tracking system, hopefully, will get resolved soon.

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby calus » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:54 am

calus Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:54 am
BK wrote:It was fixed in one of the earlier builds but reappeared.

Are you sure ? it's also broken in any 3.06, 3.07, 3.08 build I tried
In which build was it supposed to be fixed ?
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Braca » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:46 am

Braca Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:46 am
Ok new bug found.

We have geometry with animated picture sequence as texture emitter. In IPR everything works splendid. In Batch render mode all is good but the emission geometry. It is not shining any light, it is just black.
However in 2 separate projects on different computers, we were able to fix the problem by deleting the dynamics in the scene (in one case it was nParticles, in other it was nHair). Only deleting all dynamics related content helps solve the issue.
We tried everything else, nothing worked to fix it. In both cases the dynamics was in one way or another parented under the same group as this emission geometry.
Braca
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:41 pm

calus Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:41 pm
Braca wrote:Ok new bug found.

We have geometry with animated picture sequence as texture emitter. In IPR everything works splendid. In Batch render mode all is good but the emission geometry. It is not shining any light, it is just black.
However in 2 separate projects on different computers, we were able to fix the problem by deleting the dynamics in the scene (in one case it was nParticles, in other it was nHair). Only deleting all dynamics related content helps solve the issue.
We tried everything else, nothing worked to fix it. In both cases the dynamics was in one way or another parented under the same group as this emission geometry.

Hi Braca,
I confirm this bug :
- Image sequence in the Octane Texture node never load in batch render when there is nDynamics in the scene.

There is a solution : you can use ORBX material then you won't have this issue. :)

Well anyway we should never use the "use image sequence" feature in the Octane Image Texture node as this is also a Maya performance killer :
when this feature is enabled in one node not even plugged in a material, this makes Maya viewport 20 times slower :shock:
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Releases