Octane Render® for Maya® 3.08.5 - 12.58 [ STABLE ]

Forums: Octane Render® for Maya® 3.08.5 - 12.58 [ STABLE ]
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: JimStar

Re: Octane Render® for Maya® 3.08.5 - 12.58 [ STABLE ]

Postby nedan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:37 am

nedan Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:37 am
Batch rendering in the network is still not working.
Also -gpuX boolean not working in batch.
nedan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:54 am

BK Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:54 am
nedan wrote:Batch rendering in the network is still not working.
Also -gpuX boolean not working in batch.

Hi Nedan,

Thank you for the post.
It seems everything is working fine on our side. Would you please check if the steps are matched with us and let us know how it goes?
There could be other reason such as Firewall or an Antivirus blocking the connection between Master and the slave daemon. So, please disable them temporarily during the test.

Slave Daemon setup:-

- Bring up an Explorer window then locate the Octane Standalone folder then run _install_daemon.bat to install the slave daemon.
You can press Enter key 5 times to set up as default or choose to set up manually.

2018-10-26 14_37_47-srv-render-1 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

- Run the _run_installed_daemon.bat batch file. Make sure to keep it running..

Master settings setup:-

- Tick or enable the All available slaves for batch and Steal Daemons from the Octane render tab

2018-10-26 14_34_44-Window.png

- And Use all available GPUs at full power from the Cuda Devices tab

2018-10-26 14_35_12-Window.png
2018-10-26 14_35_12-Window.png (7.17 KiB) Viewed 3890 times

Now, to test the connection go to Octane Render tab and bring up the Octane render network preference dialog from Additional rollout "Network Rendering settings".

2018-10-26 14_32_10-Window.png

- Tick/Enable the Enable network rendering and choose your Slave daemons from the Active network Daemons field below and make sure the Status says "slave is running" then close the dialog.

- Run IPR to see the status. You will see the number of slave and GPUs. If the IPR session works then Batch render from render menu or Command line should work.

2018-10-26 14_34_01-Window.png
2018-10-26 14_34_01-Window.png (4.52 KiB) Viewed 3890 times

- For Batch render from render menu or Command line render. Open up the "OctaneRender network preferences" from the "Network rendering settings"
- And Untick or Disable the "Enable network rendering" option only no need to uncheck the Active daemons then close the dialog. This is because Octane render can have only one active connection with the daemon at one time. The slave daemon should look like this below:

2018-10-26 14_32_38-srv-render-1 - Remote Desktop Connection.png

- Now, open up a command prompt dialog then enter command eg; render -r octane YourfileName or click on the Render menu to do Batch Rendering.

MayaBatchRender.gif
MayaBatchRender.gif (40.06 KiB) Viewed 3890 times

That's it..

We have also checked the -gpu flag including codes as well. We are running MSI afterburner to see the status of the GPU usage..
The -gpux flag works like an overriding mode because the GPU settings are also saved in Maya file. So it is important to disable them from the command line.

Here is an example command below. The workstation has 4 GPUs so we have included -agpu flag as false for just in case.
render -r octane -gpu1 no -gpu2 no -gpu3 yes -gpu4 no -agpu no

Hope you will find this helpful. Please feel free to let us know if any issue.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby nedan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:30 pm

nedan Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:30 pm
Thanks for the exhaustive answer.
It's weird that the network rendering runs well in Maya, but not in the batch. I have used with "-gpu1 0 -gpu2 1", and this was not working. I will try with yes/no soon.
Also, I did not Disable the "Enable network rendering" in Maya. Considering that Maya is closed during batch, this is necessary?
Thank you again.
nedan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Braca » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:25 am

Braca Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:25 am
Enable network rendering needs to be disabled if you want to do the batch.I had the same problem.
Braca
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:32 am

BK Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:32 am
nedan wrote:Thanks for the exhaustive answer.
It's weird that the network rendering runs well in Maya, but not in the batch. I have used with "-gpu1 0 -gpu2 1", and this was not working. I will try with yes/no soon.
Also, I did not Disable the "Enable network rendering" in Maya. Considering that Maya is closed during batch, this is necessary?
Thank you again.

Hi Nedan,

Thank you. the GPUZ [ https://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/ ] or the MSI afterburner [ https://www.msi.com/page/afterburner ] is quite useful to monitor the GPUs.

Try to include -agpu flag and set as NO or 0 when using the "-gpu1 0 -gpu2 1" flags. The -agpu flag as No will stop using the other GPUs in the workstation.
Could you please try to including the -agpu, -asl and -stdm boolean flags as true if the Maya is closed during the batch?

let us know how it go!!

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:40 am

BK Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:40 am
Braca wrote:Enable network rendering needs to be disabled if you want to do the batch.I had the same problem.

Hi Braca,

Thank you!! Octane Slave daemon allows only one connection at one time so, we need to choose using it for IPR or Batch Render.
Disabling the "Enable network rendering" from network preferences will free the Slave daemon connection from Maya IPR render session.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby nedan » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:46 am

nedan Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:46 am
BK wrote:
Braca wrote:Enable network rendering needs to be disabled if you want to do the batch.I had the same problem.

.... Octane Slave daemon allows only one connection at one time so, we need to choose using it for IPR or Batch Render.
Disabling the "Enable network rendering" from network preferences will free the Slave daemon connection from Maya IPR render session.

I understand that, but since Maya is closed... daemons are already free.... so why this needs to be disabled for batch? I am asking only because the reason looks like is not longer there.
Thank you all!
nedan
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:32 am

BK Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:32 am
nedan wrote:
BK wrote:

.... Octane Slave daemon allows only one connection at one time so, we need to choose using it for IPR or Batch Render.

I understand that, but since Maya is closed... daemons are already free.... so why this needs to be disabled for batch? I am asking only because the reason looks like is not longer there.
Thank you all!

Hi Nedan,

Thanks for clarifying and yes you are right!! If Maya is closed for Batch rendering the slave daemon is free..
All we need to do is use the -asl and -stdm boolean flags as true. However, we recommend saving this two options "All available slaves for batch" and "Steal daemon" with the Maya file.

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jolbertoquini » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:20 pm

Jolbertoquini Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:20 pm
Hi Bikram,

We have huge problems with Motion blur Jittering at Octane, we have tried everything baking on Alembic, create different setting for mesh Transform/ Motion blur and etc. Nothing is fixing this problems. We are now close deadline and we can fixe. I add videos here and the scenes, On tests Arnold is working out the box perfectly, Octane gives so much wrong results:

1. "After" mode gives weird results and jitter everything.
2."Symmetric" mode same thing as "After"
3. "Before" mode is the more stable but for wheel rotation Jitter a lot, and is no way to fix cached at alembic, constrains, cached and keys, simple rig with all on the transform of in one group.
Is definitely something wrong.

Arnold is fine with any version.

Please take a look and HELP us! this is critical for us cause we have more then 6 videos Automotive to do with Octane and we are in a situation, we are think to drop the engine and tried other solutions.

By the way same experience with Standalone.
Again please give a priority on this if you don't mind.

Cheers,
JO
Attachments

[ Play Quicktime file ] PHEV_ENGINE_Anim_file_for_JO_OC.mp4 [ 1.25 MiB | Viewed 3803 times ]

[ Play Quicktime file ] PHEV_ENGINE_Anim_file_for_JO_A.mp4 [ 1.35 MiB | Viewed 3803 times ]

Scenes_OC_A.rar
Scenes
(52.68 MiB) Downloaded 308 times
Octane Render for Maya.
https://vimeo.com/jocg/videos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocgtd
http://www.hmxmedia.com/
--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :
https://join.skype.com/LXEQaqqfN15w
Jolbertoquini
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Jolbertoquini » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:38 pm

Jolbertoquini Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:38 pm
Please have a look on this simple tests on the Shutter alignment issues:

Maybe something wrong?
Attachments
Shutter_Alignment_Scenes.rar
SCENES
(71.49 KiB) Downloaded 233 times

[ Play Quicktime file ] Motion_Blur_Symmetric_[0001-0100].mp4 [ 2.41 MiB | Viewed 3803 times ]

[ Play Quicktime file ] Motion_Blur_Before_[0001-0100].mp4 [ 2.28 MiB | Viewed 3803 times ]

[ Play Quicktime file ] Motion_Blur_After_[0001-0100].mp4 [ 2.26 MiB | Viewed 3803 times ]

Octane Render for Maya.
https://vimeo.com/jocg/videos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocgtd
http://www.hmxmedia.com/
--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :
https://join.skype.com/LXEQaqqfN15w
Jolbertoquini
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Releases