OctaneRender® for Maya® 3.08.1 - 12.35-Beta[OBSOLETE}

Forums: OctaneRender® for Maya® 3.08.1 - 12.35-Beta[OBSOLETE}
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: JimStar

Re: OctaneRender® for Maya® 3.08.1 - 12.35-Beta

Postby BK » Wed May 16, 2018 5:52 am

BK Wed May 16, 2018 5:52 am
Renart wrote:Speaking of default settings.

Is it possible to get basic nodes already connected in the materials or textures? Like this we don't have to create a Transform or Projection node every single time. Same goes for the render settings (environement, kernel..) and other stuff etc.
A lot of Inputs are hidden in the material nodes. The way is currently working when creating shaders is really not convenient. Also when creating octane nodes, most of the time a default Maya projection node is attached and have to be deleted.

I would love to see all these small things improved to make sure the workflow is as smooth as possible. At the moment it's not really the case and I hope it will be changed :)

Oh! And support of more Maya feature would be awesome! (spotlights!)
As well as a custom Render windows maybe :)

I recently tried the plugin for Modo and I was very surprised to see how the plugin manage to translate Modo things pretty accurately without having to convert anything. The render is pretty close to the original Modo one but with the Octane magic touch.

These are my wish list and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Keep up the good work! :D

Hi Renart,

Thank you for the feedback.
Jim has tried most of these request during our RnD phase, to automise/auto connect the nodes to ease the Octane for Maya workflow, however, we found lots of Maya API limitations.

We would still keep on finding ways to improve in our future releases.

cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Wed May 16, 2018 6:08 am

BK Wed May 16, 2018 6:08 am

Good to know that It's not only me!

What made my Question unintelligible is that I was meant to say "MASH Network" not "mesh network"... hehe It will be nice not to have to cache an Alembic every time for batch render to work with MASH

I'm still struggling here with the "animator data", sometimes goes on, some times not, if I animate visibility then things may not show up on batch render. So I started using "General Visibility" since is on the Octane Side hoping for the best.
I will try to use this "ORBX Pack" with Alembic files even if I have to re-export the Alembic after timing adjustments. Because this unstable translation is driving me nuts, I didn't find a 100% workflow solution. Hope this solves for alembic.

Thanks

Hi Rudigude,

The first step with Mash workflow is to set the geometry's Animator data as "Force Load" on the transform node, then use the MASH instancer.
Ah now, using Maya default visiblity means the mesh/geometry data will not be sent to the engine so the General visibility should work for animating the visibility.

Also, try lowering the value of "Frames to pre-cache" from the main settings if the translation time is longer as we have suggested in the known issue.

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Wed May 16, 2018 6:09 am

BK Wed May 16, 2018 6:09 am
Rikk The Gaijin wrote:But there is something I truly don't understand. If it's possible to assign an ORBX Material that effectively enables the Standalone UI, why can't the whole plugin use the standalone UI?? I really don't get it... :?

Thank you, Rikk for the suggestion.
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Wed May 16, 2018 6:15 am

BK Wed May 16, 2018 6:15 am
Tharso wrote:what a crazy sun and sky. How can I rotate it in a logic way??

Hi Tharso,

This is due to support for backward file compatibility as mentioned earlier. We would try to improve the Sunsky direction change, more interactive in our future releases.
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby BK » Wed May 16, 2018 6:34 am

BK Wed May 16, 2018 6:34 am
Tharso wrote:Image

I was in love with octane playing for a hour but I did some undos and octane dont open ipr more and bugged my viewport with some transparent meshs. =?

Hey Tharso,

Did the plugin throw any error message? We are hoping this issue is resolved in 3.08.1-12.38.

Let us know if it still has the same issue.
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Previous

Return to Releases