Forums: OctaneRender® for Maya® 3.08RC4 - 12.27-Beta[ OBSOLETE ]
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: JimStar

Re: OctaneRender® for Maya® 3.08RC4 - 12.27-Beta

Postby Tharso » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:21 pm

Tharso Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:21 pm
BK wrote:
Tharso wrote:Hello,

My batch render is not matching my camera in position, but is was working. The only thing I changed was 30fps to 24fps. What more am I doing wrong?

edit: If I do a batch render for example frame 90 and 91 the render is ok but if I start from beggining in render 90 dont match more.

Hi Tharso,

Please set the same fps for both batch and Ipr render ie, 24fps. hope this would help!! cheers

Thanks for your help BK, but I dont know how to setup for both differently, I couldnt find the fps in ipr and batch render. I just know to change fps in preferences -> settings and time slider.

Tks
Tharso
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:46 pm

calus Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:46 pm
BK wrote:set the same fps for both batch and Ipr render
This doesn't mean anything :lol:
@Bikram maybe you wanted to talk about the timeline playback speed but this doesn't play a role in rendering.

Tharso wrote:I dont know how to setup for both differently, I couldnt find the fps in ipr and batch render. I just know to change fps in preferences -> settings and time slider.

@ Tharso don't be confused, you are right, there is only one frame-rate setting for everything in Maya.(and Bikram's post doesn't make any sens :lol: )
I also noticed your bug several times, the "frame precache" system was completly broken when changing framerate, even when setting "frames to pre-cache" to zero, but this was in previous version of the plugin.
I can't reproduce the bug in 12.27 with scenes created from scratch in this version though I also had very broken animation cache behavior, just after updating the plugin to 12.27
Last edited by calus on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tharso » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:46 pm

Tharso Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:46 pm
Thank you calus, you always saving my skin =). I am working with the last version 12.27 and it is broken. The scene was normal, but I did something, dont know if changes from 30 to 24 in the middle of the project but I cant do nothing more to fix. If I do a batch render from 90 to 100 the scene starts ok but it is changing aperture or something else that changes the camera. From start to the frame 100 is completely differente from 90 to 100 for example. ...sry my english.
Last edited by Tharso on Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tharso
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:52 pm

calus Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:52 pm
If setting "frames to pre-cache" to 0 doesn't solve the issue,
maybe you can try to rename the scene, or import it in a new scene (this is to try to reset the link to the "broken" cache).

or maybe this have nothing to do with frame precache
if you have animated camera and motion blur, you need to set the camera shape to "force load".
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby BK » Tue May 01, 2018 5:31 am

BK Tue May 01, 2018 5:31 am
Tharso wrote:Thank you calus, you always saving my skin =). I am working with the last version 12.27 and it is broken. The scene was normal, but I did something, dont know if changes from 30 to 24 in the middle of the project but I cant do nothing more to fix. If I do a batch render from 90 to 100 the scene starts ok but it is changing aperture or something else that changes the camera. From start to the frame 100 is completely differente from 90 to 100 for example. ...sry my english.

Hello Tharso,

Could you please confirm these attached two images are rendered one with 30fps as Maya Single frame Render(LEFT) and 24fps on Batch Render(RIGHT)?

Basically, when we change the frame frequency from 30fps to 24fps you will see Maya timeline also gets shortens meaning it requires lesser frames to render.
As an example, a frame number 10 in the 30fps would be equal to a frame number 8 in 24fps or a frame 100 in 30fps equals to a frame number 80 in 24fps etc etc....

Would you please change the FPS back to 30 and do a test batch render to see if it fixes the issue?

To change the FPs navigate Window menu->Settings/Preferences->Preferences
Choose "Settings" in the left pane. In the "Working Units" group change the "Time" Attribute to 24fps. This is the same steps with playback speed I suppose.

Let us know how it goes!!

Cheers
Kind Regards

bk3d
BK
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Jolbertoquini » Tue May 01, 2018 10:49 am

Jolbertoquini Tue May 01, 2018 10:49 am
Hi Bikram,

This is Clear a broke camera settings, any of the options has weird result we have to set "force load" to make work.

here two things Jim has to decide:

1. Fix the camera option for animation MB.
2. or set by default force load if he don't want to fix.

Please Bikram, I think at some points we need make sure is set as the default settings and on a smart way , better if Jim also accept some of the users requests who use the plug for a such long time and a accurate way also actually using on production.

Is really good this plug directions right now, but if he persist into do whatever he think is best and not hear ours points as customers, this will definitely go no where with once again angry customers and others leaving for better support on other render engines.

I think the all point of the beta is decide things is good for production and please customers need. Also I know this a beta and maybe unnecessary talk right now, but I would like to avoid this later one more time :roll:

Cheers,
JO
Octane Render for Maya.
https://vimeo.com/jocg/videos
https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocgtd
http://www.hmxmedia.com/
--------------------
Join MAYA OCTANE USERS Skype discussion here :
https://join.skype.com/LXEQaqqfN15w
Jolbertoquini
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tharso » Tue May 01, 2018 6:38 pm

Tharso Tue May 01, 2018 6:38 pm
BK wrote:
Tharso wrote:Thank you calus, you always saving my skin =). I am working with the last version 12.27 and it is broken. The scene was normal, but I did something, dont know if changes from 30 to 24 in the middle of the project but I cant do nothing more to fix. If I do a batch render from 90 to 100 the scene starts ok but it is changing aperture or something else that changes the camera. From start to the frame 100 is completely differente from 90 to 100 for example. ...sry my english.

Hello Tharso,

Could you please confirm these attached two images are rendered one with 30fps as Maya Single frame Render(LEFT) and 24fps on Batch Render(RIGHT)?

Basically, when we change the frame frequency from 30fps to 24fps you will see Maya timeline also gets shortens meaning it requires lesser frames to render.
As an example, a frame number 10 in the 30fps would be equal to a frame number 8 in 24fps or a frame 100 in 30fps equals to a frame number 80 in 24fps etc etc....

Would you please change the FPS back to 30 and do a test batch render to see if it fixes the issue?

To change the FPs navigate Window menu->Settings/Preferences->Preferences
Choose "Settings" in the left pane. In the "Working Units" group change the "Time" Attribute to 24fps. This is the same steps with playback speed I suppose.

Hi BK,

Like calus said, there is only one fps in maya. My scene was 30fps and was working ok but when I changed to 24fps in preferences settings, I have got strange behavior llike focal lengh differences as I said in old post. I tried force load and nothing too. I didnt want to start new scene, but I will now with 30fps to see what happens.

Tks
Tharso
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tharso » Tue May 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Tharso Tue May 01, 2018 7:46 pm
Hi calus and BK,

Do you want to take a look in my scene?

tks
Tharso
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Tue May 01, 2018 10:00 pm

calus Tue May 01, 2018 10:00 pm
Tharso wrote:Hi calus and BK,

yep no problem, I'll have a look.
You already have my email and my skype contact ;)
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Tharso » Tue May 01, 2018 10:29 pm

Tharso Tue May 01, 2018 10:29 pm
calus wrote:
Tharso wrote:Hi calus and BK,

yep no problem, I'll have a look.
You already have my email and my skype contact ;)

Nice! I sent to you with wetransfer
Tharso
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

PreviousNext

Return to Releases