Maya® Version Requirements
This release will work with Maya® Versions 2015, 2016, 2016.5 and 2017 64-bit on MS Windows operating systems, 2015, 2016, 2016.5 and 2017 64-bit on Linux operating systems, and 2016, 2016.5 and 2017 64-bit on OSX operating systems (including and above 10.9).
COMPATIBILITY AND OCTANERENDER STANDALONE REQUIREMENT
To run OctaneRender™ for Maya®, you need to also have an activated OctaneRender™ Standalone copy activated on the machine you wish to install the plugin onto.
You cannot purchase and use only the Maya plugin and use it without also owning an activated copy of Octan eRender™ Standalone on your machine.
For network slave and daemon please download standalone installer here:
Quick fix release
CHANGES SINCE THE PREVIOUS VERSION
- Implemented on-the-fly baking of non-Octane textures. Now you can connect non-Octane textures to "bakingInput" attribute of Octane Image Textures. Keep in mind that this is extremely expensive back-to-CPU-rendering operation, especially with high resolution baking (which is performed on a CPU by the injected node plus Octane's translation processing). So your scene will spend more time to translate each frame, especially when there are many of such textures in a scene. Use it only if you desperately need some Maya textures (e.g. for procedural displacement)... I will optimize a speed a little bit in next releases, but it will not be a dramatical improvement 'cause most of this is spent by Maya's CPU rendering code, I will just force a lower baking resolution for Material Preview, swatches etc (which are working in parallel to your interactive rendering).
Consider this a test-feature so far, as I can change some things in it. Don't use it for production scenes.
- Improved material converter "selected only" mode.
- Minor fixes and improvements...
OctaneRender for Maya 10.7
- Just run the installer to see its command line keys.
OctaneRender for Maya - 10.7 Linux
- Just run the autoinstaller file.
OctaneRender for Maya - 10.7 OSX