OctaneRender® for Maya® 2.24.2 - 7.21 Win [OBSOLETE]

Forums: OctaneRender® for Maya® 2.24.2 - 7.21 Win [OBSOLETE]
Sub forum for plugin releases

Moderator: JimStar

OctaneRender® for Maya® 2.24.2 - 7.21 Win [OBSOLETE]

Postby k.a.schubert » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:27 pm

k.a.schubert Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:27 pm
Otoy® is proud to announce the availability of a new version of OctaneRender™ for Maya®
The world's fastest and most feature-rich unbiased render engine that integrates completely into Autodesk® Maya®.

Maya® Version Requirements

This release will work with Maya® Versions 2013.5, 2014, 2015 and 2016 64-bit on MS Windows operating systems.

Notes regarding features/functionality

OctaneRender™ for Maya® implements almost full functionality of OctaneRender™ standalone inside Maya®.

COMPATIBILITY AND OCTANERENDER STANDALONE REQUIREMENT

To run OctaneRender™ for Maya®, you need to also have an activated OctaneRender™ Standalone copy activated on the machine you wish to install the plugin onto.
You cannot purchase and use only the Maya plugin and use it without also owning an activated copy of OctaneRender™ Standalone on your machine

HOW TO PURCHASE LICENSES

Go to our online shop here: http://render.otoy.com/shop/

If you do not own an OctaneRender™ Standalone Edition License yet:
You can purchase both the OctaneRender™ Standalone Edition and the OctaneRender™ for Maya® Edition as a reduced price bundle, purchase the bundle priced at 459€

If you already own one or more OctaneRender™ Standalone Edition licenses you want to pair the plugin with:
Purchase an "OctaneRender™ for Maya® License" priced at 199€

You can also purchase a 3, 5 or 10 pack of OctaneRender™ for Maya® licenses, just like OctaneRender™ Standalone Edition packs.

OCTANELIVE

Just like OctaneRender™ Standalone, the Maya® plugin product also needs an additional OctaneLive license and be activated on a machine.
This has to be done in the plugin interface panel in Maya, and is covered in the included PDF manual.
It can only be done after an OctaneRender™ Standalone license is already activated on the machine in question.

CHANGES SINCE THE PREVIOUS VERSION

• 1. The Render passes section in the OctaneRender Settings is now structured the same as in the standalone version as pointed out by Jolbertoquini.

DOWNLOAD

OctaneRender for Maya 2.24.2 - 7.21 (12.5MB autoinstaller file)
OctaneRender for Maya 2.24.2 - 7.21 Demo (11.7MB autoinstaller file)

For network slave and daemon please download standalone installer here:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=50498

Yours,
The OctaneRender™ Team.
Last edited by k.a.schubert on Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
k.a.schubert
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: OctaneRender® for Maya® 2.24.2 - 7.21 Win [TEST]

Postby zboog » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:53 am

zboog Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:53 am
A few things:

1) Since this update I can't seem to apply textures to materials without getting an error "// Error: Line 1.18: Syntax error"

2) EXRs don't output any of the channels unless I manually write in the name for each channel I want to include, even though the popup help text says "Leave empty for default value"

3) Render layer ID, Object ID and Light pass ID don't seem to work - they all just render a single color matte over everything (as opposed to different colors for different render layers, objects, or light passes)
zboog
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby calus » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:15 am

calus Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:15 am
I can confirm these 3 bugs in maya 2016 sp5.

Also for the first one, the error happen as soon as you try to change any parameter of an octane shader in the attribute editor:

// Error: AEadjustColorTexValue \MayaWindow|MainAttributeEditorLayout|formLayout2|AEmenuBarLayout|AErootLayout|AEStackLayout|AErootLayoutP€ //
// Error: Line 1.23: Syntax error //

or if I try to add a node, in the attribute editor, this error:

// Error: AEattrNodeEditor \octaneDiffuseMaterial1.Diffuse\1; //
// Error: Line 1.18: Syntax error //

I can still add nodes in the node editor.
Pascal ANDRE
calus
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby itsallgoode9 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:24 pm

itsallgoode9 Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:24 pm
zboog wrote:A few things:

3) Render layer ID, Object ID and Light pass ID don't seem to work - they all just render a single color matte over everything (as opposed to different colors for different render layers, objects, or light passes)

As far as I could tell, these were broken in earlier versions. I brought made a post about it but it never got fixed for some reason. that's a pretty major feature to be broken for such a long time. hopefully they'll fix it in on of these newer updates.
Intel i7-3930K, 64gb RAM, Asus X79 Deluxe mobo, 2x EVGA 780 6gb (for rendering), 1x PNY quaddro k4000 (for display)
Windows 8.1 x64, Maya 2014, Octane Render v2
itsallgoode9
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby zboog » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:29 pm

zboog Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:29 pm
Speaking of things broken for a long time - what's the deal with Octane "Render layers"? You know, the thing at the way bottom of the OctaneRender Settings tab.

It would really be ideal to render all these render layers at once and have them split out into passes in an EXR file? Why would I want to batch render just one of these at a time (how it works now)?
zboog
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby k.a.schubert » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:06 am

k.a.schubert Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:06 am
zboog wrote:A few things:

See my howtos here:

Render layer IDs:
https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=53027

Render light Pass IDs:
https://render.otoy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=53028

Hope that makes it more clear. :)

Looking into ObjectIDs now.
k.a.schubert
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Return to Releases