Parameters with references won't update IPR

Forums: Parameters with references won't update IPR
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: juanjgon

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Parameters with references won't update IPR

Postby luijee » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:21 pm

luijee Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:21 pm
Hey,

For example, adjusting light power on a light / geo node emission will trigger an update in the IPR.
If you link the parameter to something else and then adjust it, IPR will not update.
It's pretty inconvenient for light rig HDAs.

otoy_light_parms.png
luijee
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Parameters with references won't update IPR

Postby juanjgon » Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:49 pm

juanjgon Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:49 pm
Perhaps your workflow has this problem because the Houdini events system is not reporting the parameters that are being updated from expressions or parent objects.

I’m not sure if something like that can be resolved in the external renderers, I’ll take a look at it at some point, but currently, your best workaround can be to add a callback script to the parameters affecting other objects (or to the expressions) to touch any of the parameters of the main object or you could even add the “Octane_IPR_update” command to force an IPR update.

Hope it helps,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Bug Reports