File Corruptions

Forums: File Corruptions
Sub forum for bug reports

Moderator: juanjgon

Forum rules
Before posting a bug report, please check the following:
1. That the issue has not already been disclosed
2. That the issue is specific to this plugin, and not Octane in general (Try reproducing it in Standalone)
Bugs related to the Octane Engine itself should be posted into the Standalone Support sub-forum.

All bug reports should include the information below, along with a detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce it.
A. Operating System, including version (i.e. Win 7, OSX 10.11.2, Ubuntu 14.04, etc.)
B. Graphics Card(s) model (i.e. GTX 580 - 3GB, TITAN, etc.)
C. RAM Capacity (i.e. 6 GB)
D. Nvidia driver version (i.e. 7.50, 7.5.22)
E. OctaneRender Standalone version, if installed (i.e. 2.24.2, 2.23, etc.)
F. OctaneRender plugin version (i.e. v2.25 - 2.21)
G. Host application version, including build number if available (i.e. 3ds Max 2016 Build 18.0)

Re: File Corruptions

Postby juanjgon » Wed May 15, 2019 8:07 am

juanjgon Wed May 15, 2019 8:07 am
Hi,

Sorry again for this issue. Are you working with the latest 2018.1.2.1 or 4.04.0.2 plugin builds? They include my latest attempt to try to resolve this weird issue that I've never been able to reproduce here, but that hopefully should be fixed in these latest builds:
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=71420
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=71372

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby fantome » Wed May 15, 2019 9:08 am

fantome Wed May 15, 2019 9:08 am
Hi juanjo,

Thanks for your fast answer !
At the time it was houdini 17 with Octane 4.0.1. So i haven't try the last build.
I will make some more test on a personnal project but i can't take the risk to test in a commercial project.

I will try to find the scenes but will send them by PM because i can't share them on a public forum, as it is client work.

Cheers
E
fantome
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Wed May 15, 2019 9:16 am

juanjgon Wed May 15, 2019 9:16 am
Since the release of these latest builds, I have no news about users that have reported this problem again, so in any case, please update your Octane build to them. I'm not sure if a repro scene is going to help, I have several scenes from other users here, but I've never been able to reproduce the problem.

The fixes included in the latest Octane plugin build should be theoretically enough to be sure that in no case the scene data is altered in any way from the plugin side, at least from all the data I have from the HDK docs and the SideFX help, although nobody knows exactly how something like that was possible in the older Octane plugin builds ... I mean, it could be a bug in an HDK function, but now the plugin is not using any function that could change the scene spare parmeters, that is the source of the problem.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby fantome » Tue May 21, 2019 9:30 pm

fantome Tue May 21, 2019 9:30 pm
Juanjo i haven't test last build yet, but i can add the fact that this problem only appear with Octane 4.0 release.
I have use 3.07, 3.08 on lot of projects and so far i haven't encounter any major issue with those version.
fantome
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Tue May 21, 2019 9:38 pm

juanjgon Tue May 21, 2019 9:38 pm
Yep, it seems that it only affects the builds after the introduction of the custom attributes and other new features. Can you please try the last builds available? Could be great to confirm if this problem has been fixed on it.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Previous

Return to Bug Reports