N?A

Forums: N?A
Houdini Integrated Plugin

Moderator: juanjgon

N?A

Postby AlexATX » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:12 am

AlexATX Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:12 am
N?A
Last edited by AlexATX on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlexATX
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

N?A

Postby AlexATX » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:39 pm

AlexATX Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:39 pm
N?A
Last edited by AlexATX on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AlexATX
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: I want my money back!

Postby juanjgon » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:04 pm

juanjgon Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:04 pm
I'm sorry to hear that. We try to do always our best to provide the right support to all our users.

The Qt5 IPR is still under development, but the good news is that the roadmap is pointing to release at least a beta build before the end of the year, as the viewport rendering IPR. Anyway, the current OpenGL IPR is fully functional, based on old technology, true, but it works and it is really fast!

About the Houdini and Solaris plugins, in all the renderers they are two different plugins (main and Hydra plugins). It is true that currently, we are releasing them as two separate packages not always in sync, but anyway it is a matter of installing them.

Thanks for your patience,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Re: I want my money back!

Postby elsksa » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:17 pm

elsksa Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:17 pm
Hi Alex,

I will repost what I have shared on the official Octane Discord server, which you have left after it, somehow, escalated.

There are misconceptions about both ACES and Octane. This page could help:
https://www.elsksa.me/scientia/cgi-offline-rendering/octane-render-aces

AlexATX wrote:The intermediate color should always be Linear

Linear itself is not a color space. ACES 2065-1 (AP0) or AP1 are both linear "scene referred" "color spaces":
https://www.elsksa.me/scientia/digital-imaging/linear-in-digital-imagery

It is straight forward to match any R'G'B' based renderer. When it comes to a spectral renderer, it is different.

The subtle "color shift" is, as mentioned, likely due to the spectral light transportation model of Octane.

ACES is not matching everything to a pure absolute accuracy. Digital Cinema Cameras can also have subtle (hard to notice) differences. They all have their own spectral response, different sensor/bayer pattern/filtration, proprietary debayering, and so on... However, the specifically engineered IDTs using Camera manufacturers data does help a lot to reduce it.

Even when setting "Linear-sRGB" and "ACEScg" in the OCIO Octane preferences (instead of the default "recommended default settings"), it will not 1:1 match. In none of the cases it does, to a pure absolute 1:1 match. You could found out yourself via a Diffuse Beauty (Filter) AOV in Octane. In Clarisse, I use the PBR diffuse reflection k AOV. I do not remember for Arnold but the same AOV is available, without a doubt.

I hope it helped.
elsksa
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Houdini