Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Forums: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release
Discussion forum for Sculptron

Re: Sculptron 1.0 - Alpha Preview Release

Postby Mr_Squarepeg » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:03 pm

Mr_Squarepeg Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:03 pm
Hey this is really cool!

Got a few questions -

1. How much will this cost once it is in Beta?
2. Does this require an Nvidia GPU or will it work with an AMD GPUs?
Mr_Squarepeg

Postby NemesisCGI » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:11 pm

NemesisCGI Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:11 pm
linograndiotoy wrote:
NemesisCGI wrote:Awesome tool. And yeah I agree with Lewis there feels like NT's Chrona Sculpt.

Okay the first problem, when you load a mesh it breaks the mesh up by surface name so when you load an MDD cache it only adds it to the current surface and not the full mesh.

You can load a mesh in OBJ format, and you'll get it imported as a single object, with the same name assigned to the item in the original software. Don't use multiple layers OBJs right now (that's going to mess up the point IDs), but save and load the OBJs individually.

It was a single mesh. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Is there a manual for it yet?

Your pet project Lino? Great work, this is going to be a very useful tool for most users!!!

Shaun.
Win 7 pro 64bit GTX780
NemesisCGI
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby NemesisCGI » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:22 pm

NemesisCGI Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:22 pm
linograndiotoy wrote:
NemesisCGI wrote:Awesome tool. And yeah I agree with Lewis there feels like NT's Chrona Sculpt.

Okay the first problem, when you load a mesh it breaks the mesh up by surface name so when you load an MDD cache it only adds it to the current surface and not the full mesh.

You can load a mesh in OBJ format, and you'll get it imported as a single object, with the same name assigned to the item in the original software. Don't use multiple layers OBJs right now (that's going to mess up the point IDs), but save and load the OBJs individually.

Ah, got it if you import from the File menu it's one mesh, but if you import from the Items window it breaks it up.
Win 7 pro 64bit GTX780
NemesisCGI
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby J.C » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:49 pm

J.C Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:49 pm
Cool software especially the volume sculping feature. Can you share some information on pricing too?

On the other hand the interface looks like an early stage. Colors and design doesn't follow common used standards. Blender 2.8 interface is a good example to follow. Please consider redesigning it before releasing final version.
CPU – i9 13900KF, 128GB RAM, GPU – RTX 4090
System – Windows 11
My Behance portfolio, Blender plugin FB support group
J.C
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby 14bmwc780nike » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:02 pm

14bmwc780nike Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:02 pm
Sculptron launched, but seemed to not display models properly and was unusable on my laptop with a 1060 in it. I'm not currently aware of any requirements.

It does work perfectly smooth on my desktop system, however. Dual 1070s.

Looking forward to seeing what other features get added!
H: C4D 2023 | Asus ROG X399-E sTR4 | Win 10 64bit Pro | AMD TR 1950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core | 64GB | 3070ti/3090

W: C4D 2023 | Asus WRX80E-SAGE| Win 11 64bit Pro| AMD TRPRO 5965WX 24-Core | 128GB | 3090Ti

Cheers,
Marcus | 3dconge.com | @RockingThePIxel
14bmwc780nike
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby coilbook » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:32 am

coilbook Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:32 am
linograndiotoy wrote:

Hi,
Will we be able to scatter mesh using itoo forest and render them as clouds using sculptron? Can this be done inside 3ds max without exporting anything and reimporting

Thanks
coilbook
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby thinkinmonkey » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:23 pm

thinkinmonkey Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:23 pm
Hello,
I have to try it more, but it seems very nice and useful software, especially if used with cached vfx, can't wait for the alembic feature.
Do you have a roadmap? Possibly knowing final price?
Thank you.
thinkinmonkey
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:24 am

Goldorak Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:24 am
thinkinmonkey wrote:Hello,
I have to try it more, but it seems very nice and useful software, especially if used with cached vfx, can't wait for the alembic feature.
Do you have a roadmap? Possibly knowing final price?
Thank you.

Sculptron will be inclided for free with studio / enterprise subs and maintenance.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Greg » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:13 am

Greg Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:13 am
uh, yeah. Not only is it 'really slow' - it completely fucking breaks my wacom. I have to stop and re-start the driver in services or restart the computer to get it working again. So not only does it not work with a wacom (which is totally weird for a sculpting program) but it actually BREAKS it. I mean, what? Should really take a look at this. Otherwise - looks super cool, sure would like to use it.

roinigo wrote:Hi! Very excited by this new toy...! ;)
Unfortunatly, i can't use it right now : my Wacom pen is veeeery slow in Scultron (very hard to sculpt with a mouse...) Bug ?
CEO Sabertooth Productions
Co-Founder Pixel Fondue
Greg
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby linograndiotoy » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:41 am

linograndiotoy Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:41 am
Greg wrote:uh, yeah. Not only is it 'really slow' - it completely fucking breaks my wacom. I have to stop and re-start the driver in services or restart the computer to get it working again. So not only does it not work with a wacom (which is totally weird for a sculpting program) but it actually BREAKS it. I mean, what? Should really take a look at this. Otherwise - looks super cool, sure would like to use it.

roinigo wrote:Hi! Very excited by this new toy...! ;)
Unfortunatly, i can't use it right now : my Wacom pen is veeeery slow in Scultron (very hard to sculpt with a mouse...) Bug ?

Hi Greg!

I'm testing Sculptron with both my Cintiq and Intuos tablets and it works perfectly.

What are your system specs (cpu, gpu, os, graphic drivers and wacom drivers version)?

Thanks!
linograndiotoy
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

PreviousNext

Return to Sculptron