Different results in IPR and actual render

Forums: Different results in IPR and actual render
Houdini Integrated Plugin

Moderator: juanjgon

Different results in IPR and actual render

Postby TravellerInTime88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:04 pm

TravellerInTime88 Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:04 pm
Hi guys!

I have been having this issue that's been driving me crazy two days now: When I render in IPR to check my materials and such, everything seems fine as should be. When I render to disk though, everything is messed up, completely different scales on the instances, and on the most part just black and white sprites (I suspect it has something to do with alpha though).
I tried everything, from new rops, shops, materials, latest octane build, everything. I am at a complete and utter loss as to why this is happening! Funny thing is that a week ago the scene rendered fine - only thing changed between then and now, is the particle simulation and nothing on the visual side!

Attached are both what I see in IPR and what I get with the same ROPnet:

IPR-renderToDisk_difference.png
left (black) is IPR, right is the rendered PNG

PS: the scene only renders without a crash every 3-6 frames if I have rendering scene setting set to "Full Scene Reload". Otherwise, it outputs only blank frames, and crashes. (btw, I have the scene in cache to eliminate bottlenecks with the solvers and stuff)

*oh, and by the way, the exact same result happens when I just save the image from the IPR directly :shock:

If anyone can share any ideas as to why is this happening on the particular scene, please, feel free to share!

Thank you for your time,
G.
TravellerInTime88
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Different results in IPR and actual render

Postby TravellerInTime88 » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:26 pm

TravellerInTime88 Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:26 pm
FML! Minutes after I posted, I actually found the cullprit! It is a checkbox that says "Disable Partial Alpha" and checking it seems to do the trick! I have no idea why this happened now, or why the previous render was ok and this one is not, but if it means I 'm gonna render today, I 'll take it! :)

Thanks everybody! Hope this helps someone in the future!
TravellerInTime88
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Houdini