rendering error " CUDA error 700 .."

Forums: rendering error " CUDA error 700 .."
Houdini Integrated Plugin

Moderator: juanjgon

rendering error " CUDA error 700 .."

Postby Ebo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:25 am

Ebo Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:25 am
Hi, I keep getting this error after I up a render resolution to 4096x1716 and max samples to 2048. I still get to render first 3 sometimes 5 frames but then it stops with this error. Anything I can do to stop that? I have one GTX1080ti. Thank you. Jiri
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** OCTANE API MSG: CUDA error 700 on device 0: an illegal memory access was encountered
*** OCTANE API MSG: -> failed to download symbol(stats data)
*** OCTANE API MSG: device 0: path tracing kernel failed
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ebo
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: rendering error " CUDA error 700 .."

Postby juanjgon » Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:25 am

juanjgon Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:25 am
Hi,

Sorry, it is hard to say what could be the origin of these 700 CUDA errors. Usually, they are related to hardware or drivers issues. Disabling any overclocking in the system or improving the system cooling can help, but the problem can be related to a broken GPUs or problems with the PSU. You could also try to update or downgrade the NVIDIA drivers to check if another version improves the system stability.

In any case, if you can reproduce always the same problem and you can share the scene with us, I could take a look at it here. What Octane version are you using?

Thanks,
-Juanjo
Computer Graphics Software Developer
Octane plugin development and support: LightWave and Houdini
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Houdini