3D Connexion Space Mouse navigation issues with Octane IPR

Forums: 3D Connexion Space Mouse navigation issues with Octane IPR
Houdini Integrated Plugin

Moderator: juanjgon

3D Connexion Space Mouse navigation issues with Octane IPR

Postby trogers » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:12 pm

trogers Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:12 pm
Hi,

I'm noticing that when I navigate the Houdini camera view with my SpaceMouse while the Octane IPR is rendering, the center location of the SpaceMouse is thrown off and I have to reset it by selecting the geometry and hitting Shift + g (Home selected) after stopping the IPR. I'm assuming that the delay the IPR creates as Octane tries to continuously restart the render while I move the camera is confusing Houdini's understanding of the camera's coordinates. Is this a known issue and if so, is there a fix in the works? Also, please let me know if there's a better / preferred way of moving the Houdini camera while the IPR is live.

Thanks!
Travis
Win 10 / AMD 3970x / Nvidia 4090 + 2080 Ti / 128GB
trogers
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: 3D Connexion Space Mouse navigation issues with Octane IPR

Postby juanjgon » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:07 am

juanjgon Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:07 am
Hi,

I'm not sure if fixing the Space Mouse navigation is going to be possible using the current OpenGL IPR window. A new Qt5 based IPR is a planned feature for this year, and I suppose that this could fix these kinds of issues. Another solution could be to use the MPlay IPR, to see if it helps ...

On the other hand, the IPR camera updating while interacting with the viewports should be done once the mouse button is released currently. Not sure if this behavior changes with the space mouse ...

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Houdini