ipr won't work? HELP

Forums: ipr won't work? HELP
Houdini Integrated Plugin

Moderator: juanjgon

ipr won't work? HELP

Postby dandoozled » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:18 am

dandoozled Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:18 am
I just got a subscription license, installed octane for Houdini education version.. Everything seems good from the core. All the functions are operational, until I press IPR?
I have an RBD scene that's fairly intense, and every time I press IPR the whole program just closes/ crashes without an error message.
So I tried just setting up a basic test object scene, with rop network, shop, and a camera. Now when I press IPR I get an error message : "Octane can't render the scene. Check the available GPU memory or scene complexity" ..
what? This is as basic of a scene as you could get, I updated my drivers to the newest nVidia drivers (419.35), I'm also using a system with 32gb RAM, and single GTX 1080ti... surely this is enough for the renderer, I've used Octane with 3ds Max before, I don't understand why I'm experiencing problems in Houdini?
I'm also already logged in to Octane license manager on my PC in Houdini, but in the error message I'm not retrieving the subscription status for some reason..
This is the error message inside the Houdini console, could I please get some assistance I really wouldn't want to cancel my subscription because of a bad start :/

*** OCTANE API MSG: CUDA error 999 on device 0: unknown error
*** OCTANE API MSG: -> failed to link file
*** OCTANE API MSG: device 0: failed to load OSL shader code:
error : Multiple definition of 'cuSptStatistics' in 'cuda_texturenode', first defined in 'snippets_internal'
*** OCTANE API MSG: device 0: failed to compile module 0
*** OCTANE API MSG: ORC user subscription status could not be retrieved: The server returned a client-side error with HTTP code: 401
*** OCTANE API MSG: ORC subscription status cannot be found
dandoozled
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: ipr won't work? HELP

Postby juanjgon » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:58 am

juanjgon Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:58 am
Hi,

What Octane plugin version are you using? The CUDA 999 error was always related to a problem with the NVIDIA drivers or to trying to use the latest NVIDIA drivers with an older Octane build.

The latest 2018.1.0.7 build just released (or the current 4.02.1.0 build) should work without problems with the latest NVIDIA drivers. Can you please update the plugin to one of these latest builds to see if it helps?
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=71022
viewtopic.php?f=102&t=70666

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby dandoozled » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:41 pm

dandoozled Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:41 pm
juanjgon wrote:Hi,

What Octane plugin version are you using? The CUDA 999 error was always related to a problem with the NVIDIA drivers or to trying to use the latest NVIDIA drivers with an older Octane build.

The latest 2018.1.0.7 build just released (or the current 4.02.1.0 build) should work without problems with the latest NVIDIA drivers. Can you please update the plugin to one of these latest builds to see if it helps?

Thanks,
-Juanjo

I'll try that, I just downloaded the most recent option in the installation section when I got the subscription, the version is Octane 4.01.1.1
dandoozled
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby dandoozled » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:46 pm

dandoozled Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:46 pm
dandoozled wrote:
juanjgon wrote:Hi,

Thanks,
-Juanjo

I'll try that, I just downloaded the most recent option in the installation section when I got the subscription, the version is Octane 4.01.1.1

That worked! It's up and running, thanks so much!
dandoozled
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby dandoozled » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:12 pm

dandoozled Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:12 pm
On my other RBD scene, I still can't get it to render with IPR, it still just closes the program altogether.
dandoozled
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby juanjgon » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:00 pm

juanjgon Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:00 pm
dandoozled wrote:On my other RBD scene, I still can't get it to render with IPR, it still just closes the program altogether.

If you can send us the scene with this problem, I could try to reproduce the problem here to check what could be the problem.

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Return to Houdini