doing now the big jump from Lightwave to Houdini, i'm very pleased to join the Octane/houdini community et particulary very pleased to follow a plugin developped by Juan, the stratospheric octane-plugin developer
So, i've a few questions about the last relesase (3.05.3.0) :
(1) drag & drop of an octane VOPNET material directly on a geometry is apprently not possible (but works with other materials ) : is it normal ?
(2) is it possible to render effect like melting objects with a polygonal method ( continuous surfaces) (i succeed in renddering it only with particle-spheres, with octane)
(3) is there a way to render oceans with octane ?
(4) i tried to follow strictly the second part of this tutorial (cloudy object) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWuAndUk3o0
(cloud objects) , but it doesn't work : is there any changes in the plugin dev. about this problem (as there is no more volume settings in the renderkernel tab) ?
(5) i still have big problem to render luminous/colored volumetrics fire/explosions (actually it renders only smoke, even if i plug emission-node and try different values on scattering in the octane-volume-node)
Thank you for your potential future answers