Fetching Attributes for the Black Body Emission

Forums: Fetching Attributes for the Black Body Emission
Houdini Integrated Plugin

Moderator: juanjgon

Fetching Attributes for the Black Body Emission

Postby litesound » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:52 pm

litesound Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:52 pm
Is that possible to read point/vertex/primitive attributes to drive "power" parameter in the blackbody emissive shader? I tried everything in all combinations possible with no success. Help me, please
Attachments
attcolor.jpg
litesound
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Fetching Attributes for the Black Body Emission

Postby juanjgon » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:44 am

juanjgon Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:44 am
Nope, sorry. Probably this input is not compatible with vertex attributes. Have you tried to use the "efficiency" or "distribution" inputs instead?

Thanks,
-Juanjo
juanjgon
Octane Plugin Developer
Octane Plugin Developer

Postby litesound » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:18 am

litesound Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:18 am
yes, but I can't truly control the intensity of the light cause when I plug my attribute to the distribution pin if the value of my attribute is 0 it still keeps sort of the dim light in the scene despite the light sources are not visible, see the attachment. And if I plug that into the efficiency it increases the light intensity tremendously no matter what value I'm feeding this attribute with. Is there any possible way to control lights intensity color etc with the attributes? Then if not it means that the procedural approach isn't possible with the light?
Attachments
carlight.jpg
litesound
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby litesound » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:04 pm

litesound Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:04 pm
I found a solution - MIX materials by color vertex attribute works just fine and it is a reasonably efficient way to procedurally control the intensity of lights
litesound
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Renbry » Thu May 05, 2022 11:49 pm

Renbry Thu May 05, 2022 11:49 pm
I'd like to put a vote in for being able to modulate temperature from a vertex float (@temperature)

I'm making Lava right now and spent hours trying to get this to work before giving up. Something like Lava needs the colour mapping from the internal @temperature scalar rather than a single temp or a mix of two.

I'm going to have to figure out how to map up from the Lava Shelf Tool's @Cd method into something that's legitimately HDR instead of 0.0 - 1.0 colour range. Such a long way around the issue : (
Renbry
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to Houdini