Cloud Cost Estimator

Forums: Cloud Cost Estimator
Discussion forum for OctaneRender Cloud

Cloud Cost Estimator

Postby Joanlaninja » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:43 pm

Joanlaninja Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:43 pm
Hello,

I have read a ton of posts and used the search tool, and i´m still wondering if there is an estimator of some kind to calculate how much time and money would cost a project, which i only know it lasts minutes/frame in a 255 OB station.
I have to make an estimation for a client and cant gather more information for doing that estimation.
It looks impossible to me to find out how to calculate this in ORC. Can calculate it in other render farms but would like to give Otoy a try in this (as i think it should be cheaper and more confident rendering the project in the Octane Interface itself).

Can anybody help me with this? Thank you in advance and sorry about my poor english.

Regards,
Joan.
Joanlaninja
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Cloud Cost Estimator

Postby bepeg4d » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:43 am

bepeg4d Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:43 am
Hi John,
the price depends also on the dimension of the scene, and loading time, compared with the rendering time.
ORC offers the best cost ratio if the scene has a greater render time, compared with the loading time.
So, to have an exact estimation, you should need to export from plugin in .orbx format, load it in Standalone. to get the render time per frame on your system.
Then load the .orbx in ORC, create the Job, enter your render time per frame to get an estimation of the render time/cost on ORC, then finally start a rendering session of like ten frames to have an exact estimation of the final cost, based also on the loading time/dimension of the specific scene.

ciao Beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to OctaneRender Cloud