This model makes no sense, but let me try

Forums: This model makes no sense, but let me try
Discussion forum for OctaneRender Cloud

This model makes no sense, but let me try

Postby jameskowalski » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:53 pm

jameskowalski Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:53 pm
Let me see if I've got this straight.

There's a new subscription based license available which costs $10.00 per month, it allows for use of Octane locally, as long as there's an active internet connection, but has a limitation of 2 GPUs, and doesn't support network rendering. However, and this is a big however, the subscription license allows you to access the ORC and buy credits which are consumed according to how much OB (octane bench) is required.

Users who have already purchased a full license aren't allowed to access the ORC, they can only render on the hardware they own, and there is no other avenue for cloud based rendering available. They can buy a subscription for $10.00 a month, but unlike users who didn't formerly own the software, they only get access to the ORC, allowing them to then buy credits to render on the cloud.

Is it just me, or is this a giant FU to those who have already paid for a license?

Not only that, but this information is EXTREMELY hard to discern for otoy's website. Only after lots and lots of forum digging did I come to this conclusion. Other GPU render engines are available on established farms, and there's no entry fee to start using them. I love Octane, but this has me seeing "Red", and forcing me to "Shift" my perspective.
jameskowalski
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: This model makes no sense, but let me try

Postby hinay » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:16 pm

hinay Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:16 pm
Hi buddy, not really for me did you try creating a support ticket.

Regards,
Hinay Smith
hinay

Return to OctaneRender Cloud