Does ORC actually work?

Forums: Does ORC actually work?
Discussion forum for OctaneRender Cloud

Does ORC actually work?

Postby ChrisAngelius » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:22 am

ChrisAngelius Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:22 am
I'm using Octane/C4D. I've had to pay for an Octane VR subscription despite having two full standalone and 2 plugin licenses, and when I export my scene to ORBX and it loads into standalone, it's telling me everything is there but nothing loads. The scene seems empty and renders 2k samples on PT in about a second and shows me nothing.

Am I missing a step? I tried looking in help, but can't find specific documentation on getting my scene to ORC and having it work properly.

Is there another render service that will let me render octane/c4d. I have a deadline and need to get this going.
ChrisAngelius
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Re: Does ORC actually work?

Postby Goldorak » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:36 am

Goldorak Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:36 am
ChrisAngelius wrote:I'm using Octane/C4D. I've had to pay for an Octane VR subscription despite having two full standalone and 2 plugin licenses, and when I export my scene to ORBX and it loads into standalone, it's telling me everything is there but nothing loads. The scene seems empty and renders 2k samples on PT in about a second and shows me nothing.

Am I missing a step? I tried looking in help, but can't find specific documentation on getting my scene to ORC and having it work properly.

Is there another render service that will let me render octane/c4d. I have a deadline and need to get this going.

if ORBX export to SA is not working then it's not an issue with the cloud, but with the exporter and Ahmet should fix this using your scene as reference.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Re: Does ORC actually work?

Postby ChrisAngelius » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:34 am

ChrisAngelius Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:34 am
Sorry should have clarified, it's the export I'm having issues with, I've tried two scenes, both are not exporting correctly.

Both also have alembic caches from Houdini so not sure if that's the issue.
ChrisAngelius
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Return to OctaneRender Cloud