ORC failed

Forums: ORC failed
Discussion forum for OctaneRender Cloud

Re: ORC failed

Postby Goldorak » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:09 pm

Goldorak Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:09 pm
Ask Fuzzybro for credits and join test drive.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby renderingz » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:10 am

renderingz Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:10 am
Not really interested in testing at this stage, just want to use something that works properly.
Win `10/ Cinema 4D R17 / 2 x 780 GTX 6GB + 2 x 980ti
renderingz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby renderingz » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:45 pm

renderingz Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:45 pm
Goldorak wrote:Ask Fuzzybro for credits and join test drive.

I have a job coming up in November which will involve rendering 15 minutes of 8K footage, will this service be a viable option by this time?
renderingz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:52 pm

Goldorak Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:52 pm
renderingz wrote:

I have a job coming up in November which will involve rendering 15 minutes of 8K footage, will this service be a viable option by this time?

It's live to all userds who want to sign up and in full use for production for commercial projects. It has been for some months now. We haven't added a 'buy' render credit button to the store page, but that is a front end flourish which will come shortly after subscriptions are out.

We have seen, from the release thus far, that most ORC jobs which customers are extremely eager to pay for involve huge render times which are nearly impossible to complete locally for their project's deadline. This is exactly why ORC is there.

Our mod-term goal with ORC (as cloud GPU costs go down) is to eventually replace the cost/benefit of network rendering, and then eventually multi-gpu rendering. Further down the road even single GPU rendering could be replaced by ORC. The latter is experimentally exposed through the ORC web desktop (desktop.otoy.com) where you can stream Octane SE and blender from your browser, using your dropbox or g-drive folder within the cloud version for ORBX/ocs projects.

With 3.1 and headless rendering, it may also be possible to connect to an ORC node and use it as a headless network slave over fiber if that is available in your area.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Znomad » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:13 am

Znomad Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:13 am
Hi Goldorak. I am based in Hong Kong and was wondering if I would still be able to use ORC? The main reason I would like to use it is to create a VR experience for a property developer client.

I am using C4D at work with the Octane 3 plugin. Do I have to use the Standalone version to be able to use ORC?

I am proposing a simple model to the client. One where a few 4k 360 stereo cube renders are joined together with the help of a script so when the viewer clicks on a rollover they get taken to another 360 image and so on. Is this something that is currently possible within ORBX? Can this be viewed with HTC vive or Oculus headsets?

Also could you point me in the direction of a tutorial on how this kind of VR experience can be created.

Appreciate any help on this matter.
Znomad
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby renderingz » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:02 pm

renderingz Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:02 pm
Goldorak wrote:
renderingz wrote:

It's live to all userds who want to sign up and in full use for production for commercial projects. It has been for some months now. We haven't added a 'buy' render credit button to the store page, but that is a front end flourish which will come shortly after subscriptions are out.

We have seen, from the release thus far, that most ORC jobs which customers are extremely eager to pay for involve huge render times which are nearly impossible to complete locally for their project's deadline. This is exactly why ORC is there.

Our mod-term goal with ORC (as cloud GPU costs go down) is to eventually replace the cost/benefit of network rendering, and then eventually multi-gpu rendering. Further down the road even single GPU rendering could be replaced by ORC. The latter is experimentally exposed through the ORC web desktop (desktop.otoy.com) where you can stream Octane SE and blender from your browser, using your dropbox or g-drive folder within the cloud version for ORBX/ocs projects.

With 3.1 and headless rendering, it may also be possible to connect to an ORC node and use it as a headless network slave over fiber if that is available in your area.

So to clarify, if I PM fuzzybro to sign up for test drive, will I also be able to buy additional credits to render out larger jobs? How does this work exactly?
renderingz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby Goldorak » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:03 am

Goldorak Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:03 am
So to clarify, if I PM fuzzybro to sign up for test drive, will I also be able to buy additional credits to render out larger jobs? How does this work exactly?

Yes. Using your free credits, you should test your scene on ORC and run an estimate. If all looks good, we will enable you to pay for the render credits needed for the full job based on your estimate. We are working on automating the process, but for now this satisfies users who wish to experiment for free as well as those who want to pay for commercial jobs if they are happy with the test drive results.
Goldorak
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby Znomad » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:09 pm

Znomad Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:09 pm
Znomad wrote:Hi Goldorak. I am based in Hong Kong and was wondering if I would still be able to use ORC? The main reason I would like to use it is to create a VR experience for a property developer client.

I am using C4D at work with the Octane 3 plugin. Do I have to use the Standalone version to be able to use ORC?

I am proposing a simple model to the client. One where a few 4k 360 stereo cube renders are joined together with the help of a script so when the viewer clicks on a rollover they get taken to another 360 image and so on. Is this something that is currently possible within ORBX? Can this be viewed with HTC vive or Oculus headsets?

Also could you point me in the direction of a tutorial on how this kind of VR experience can be created.

Appreciate any help on this matter.

As I didn't get a reply to the above can someone please tell me when the release of ORC to the public will be? Failing that can you let me know Fuzzy Bro's PM address so I can join the testing phase and get some credits for ORC. Thanks
Znomad
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:22 pm

bepeg4d Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:22 pm
Hi Znomad,
about fuzzybro, you can find all the info in the first discussion in this forum section:
viewtopic.php?f=100&t=55146
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Postby Znomad » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:57 pm

Znomad Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:57 pm
bepeg4d wrote:Hi Znomad,
about fuzzybro, you can find all the info in the first discussion in this forum section:
viewtopic.php?f=100&t=55146
ciao beppe

Thanks for your reply beppe, much appreciated!
Znomad
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Previous

Return to OctaneRender Cloud