Pricing according to octane cloud ...

Forums: Pricing according to octane cloud ...
Discussion forum for OctaneRender Cloud

Pricing according to octane cloud ...

Postby WalterSulivan » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:31 pm

WalterSulivan Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:31 pm
10$/Hour --- for 800 Octane Bench GPUBox
you are saying that its not cheap price but it will show itself, its power and profit of using OCR when you render ANIMATION
well ok lets do some math .
lets say I have 1440 frames which is 1 minute of animation

your 800 OB box lets say renders 1 frame in 5 minutes that's a 7200 minutes = 5 days, well ok ...
it means I will pay 1200$ for 5 days = 1 minute of animation
(( well as for TIME ONLY quite unacceptable of course when we are talking about realtime renderer and saying like "oh my god 1 second and its ready on a cloud" on GPU NVIDIA conference (youtube) GTC 2013: OTOY's OctaneRender (10 of 11) (it was ready because you did use all your GPUs available and we will never afford them all)
(but you are saying cloud has its benefit to spread the task on other GPUBOX-es when I have 1440 frames it will spread them all over the 100 GPUS for example) but price will remain same ....
First option. I pay 1200$ for 1GPUBOX and it completes render in 5 days
Second option. you split my 1440 frames on many gpu boxes and each box completes render in 2 hours , and cost for 1 box is 100 lets say ... but I need to pay for all boxes anyway and I will pay same price .

by spreading your job on higher quantity of GPUS you only cut the time but not the price

and now consider yourself someone who want to make 30 minutes of video... well its a 1200*30 that's almost 40000 $ for half hour )))))
WalterSulivan

Re: Pricing according to octane cloud ...

Postby Chriz » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:49 am

Chriz Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:49 am
Hey, i think in some cases someone somehow will pay this 40000 $ bill. Big studios with big projects should be able to put that on the clients bill. As we all should do too, the clients wants it, he has to pay for it. Otherwise he has to live with a "not-pathtraced-image".

As i mentioned in the other post, i am pretty sure round about 80$ for an interior VR cubemap in the moment are too expensive too, especially if that would be an testimage, which has to be in VR noisefree too.
How much might lightfield renderings cost, tens or hundrets the costs of an cubemap?

Right now i am not sure, how to sell Octane VRs and animations to my clients, but i am sure that time will show, that it is useful.

If ur client really needs a 30-minute-octance-pathtraced-animation and you don´t call hundrets of GPUs your own, you just HAVE TO use ORC and he has to pay that price. It´s that easy i guess.

Have a nice day.

Chriz
http://www.C9W.de - Win10 - Dual E5 2620v3 - Display 1 GTX 1080 / Render 1 3090 RTX - 96 RAM - C4D MSA - C4D Plugin version: current - Standalone: current
Chriz
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby uncia » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:14 am

uncia Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:14 am
The client in first place needs a 30-minute animation as fast as you can deliver it to him.
He doesn't give a shit about render engine used...
uncia
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby fuzzybro » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:24 pm

fuzzybro Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:24 pm
Hi Walter,

WalterSulivan wrote:10$/Hour --- for 800 Octane Bench GPUBox
you are saying that its not cheap price but it will show itself, its power and profit of using OCR when you render ANIMATION
well ok lets do some math .
lets say I have 1440 frames which is 1 minute of animation

your 800 OB box lets say renders 1 frame in 5 minutes that's a 7200 minutes = 5 days, well ok ...
it means I will pay 1200$ for 5 days = 1 minute of animation
(( well as for TIME ONLY quite unacceptable of course when we are talking about realtime renderer and saying like "oh my god 1 second and its ready on a cloud" on GPU NVIDIA conference (youtube) GTC 2013: OTOY's OctaneRender (10 of 11) (it was ready because you did use all your GPUs available and we will never afford them all)
(but you are saying cloud has its benefit to spread the task on other GPUBOX-es when I have 1440 frames it will spread them all over the 100 GPUS for example) but price will remain same ....
First option. I pay 1200$ for 1GPUBOX and it completes render in 5 days
Second option. you split my 1440 frames on many gpu boxes and each box completes render in 2 hours , and cost for 1 box is 100 lets say ... but I need to pay for all boxes anyway and I will pay same price .

by spreading your job on higher quantity of GPUS you only cut the time but not the price

and now consider yourself someone who want to make 30 minutes of video... well its a 1200*30 that's almost 40000 $ for half hour )))))

It seems like there is some misunderstanding in how ORC works. There is no allocation of 100 GPUs for one frame. In fact, it works similar to the second option you described. There is a pool of available GPUs which is being scattered across frames. ORC is perfect for rendering animation jobs. So, say, there is 1440 GPUs available in the pool and you job is 1400 frames with average render time of 5 hours per frame. That means your job would be finished in 5 hours.

Hope that clarifies things.
Vladimir
fuzzybro
OctaneRender Team
OctaneRender Team

Postby xcaseyx » Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:06 pm

xcaseyx Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:06 pm
unfortunately, nothing is clear. But I assume when it actually launches, and we can really use it, it will be.

still no date though... and we're 2 months passed the window you mentioned at GTC.
xcaseyx
Licensed Customer
Licensed Customer

Postby bepeg4d » Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:09 am

bepeg4d Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:09 am
Hi xcaseyx,
ORC Demo is out, hurry up ;)
viewtopic.php?f=100&t=55146
ciao beppe
bepeg4d
Octane Guru
Octane Guru

Return to OctaneRender Cloud